Chapter Thirty-Four: Back Room Meetings with Frilly Aprons

Start from the beginning

“When?” I insisted.

“A few days. It should be safe right before the wedding” she muttered mutinously. I wondered at that but I let it go, too happy that I was going to leave soon. I couldn’t help but give her a hug: I was just so happy.

“Thank you” I told her sincerely. She waved it off.

“I’ll come and get you when I can” she told me before pushing me out and closing the door. I went back to the spectacle with a lighter heart. I was getting out of here and I was taking my gorgeous wife with me.

Adrian’s POV

Rey had been so against the idea of going to help Momma but I made him go anyway because she needed the help. Now he was in such a good mood that he almost gave Lynn a lap dance. Something happened when he went in that closet with Mary. Something bad, I assumed since they didn’t just talk in front of us. Maybe they weren’t even talking. I had never seen something that could put a man in a good mood that quick except for sex. Was he cheating on my Annabelle? Women didn’t like to share, especially not vampire women. When you become a feeder, it’s almost like you’re committing only to that one vamp. You weren’t supposed to fool around. It disturbed me so much that I asked to be excused from the rest of the dishes. All three girls made disappointed noises.

“Don’t go” Mani pleaded, arms around me like they used to be when we dated. I savored it briefly before pushing her away.

“I’m sorry, ladies, but I gotta go” I said, handing the aprons back to a pouty Mani. I was wearing hers and Rey was wearing Lynn’s. Momma kept hers. They were so disappointed but they let me go with a ton of protests. Now, normally I wouldn’t mind posing for them. One, because I still had feelings for Mani and I loved to have her eyes on me and two, because Momma was never really attracted to any man after her first and I was honored to be the guy who finally broke the streak. I was considered one of the most handsome humans in the castle after all. I took pride in that. Not much but enough to give the ladies what they wanted. It didn’t mean anything. They just liked to look at pretty things. I just so happened to be one of those. Besides, I had gotten over being considered a sex object a long time ago.

I took the short way to the royal suite where Annabelle would be sleeping. Alone. The king wasn’t here this time because he was too busy planning the wedding. While I hated the thought of her belonging to someone else, I liked the idea of her staying here at the castle for the rest of my life. I felt so incomplete without her now; she was a part of me. I felt it in my very blood. It sang out to her and only her. Actually, now that I was thinking about it, I felt an ache around my neck where she bites me. It wasn’t there before and it wasn’t because of a bite; it had been some time since Annabelle has last fed from me. It just sort of developed. Every moment it got worst until it was becoming painful. I frowned and rubbed it. What the hell was wrong with me now? I started to ache even more for a bite. I wanted it, needed it more than I could’ve imagined. I would have to see Annabelle and see if she was hungry. I increased my pace, anticipation of the bite hurrying me along before I heard heavy steps. Pain exploded in my head and the world went black.

Annabelle’s POV

I was bored. Alex wasn’t in the room, he had some ‘business’ to attend to that I couldn’t hear or participate in. I didn’t buy it. I think he’s in there with some other woman but I didn’t care enough to find out. Actually, I kinda did want to find out. Maybe I could use it for leverage or black mail or something. A small smile made a home on my face and I dressed quickly, wanting to see what the hell Alex was up to.

 *****

I was standing just outside of his office and before you say that I’m a creeper or whatever, know this. He was having a secret meeting with Simone! I didn’t even know that they knew each other. What was I supposed to do? I’m a nosy person by nature and lately, I’m feeling like being nosy will do me worlds of good.

“We’re in trouble because of you, Alex! You need to protect me and my mate!” she growled.

“I don’t have to do anything” he said arrogantly, stretching in his chair. Simone grabbed him by the collar, eyes blazing with fury and protective love.

“We got your precious wife for you. Or don’t you remember? And we covered the tracks so well that no one is even alive for her to run too. Not even her little friend” she sneered.

“David was supposed to hire someone to kill the girl: he wasn’t supposed to do it himself” he frowned.

“Well, the guy we hired messed up the job” she muttered, letting him go. Alex took a deep breath and was silent for several moments.

“I suppose I can offer protection for a short while” he said finally with definite hints of his reluctance showing through. She whooped in happiness and hugged him.

“Thank you, my king” she murmured.

Before you can say “HOLY SHIT!” I was off and running. I was consumed by feelings of rage and sadness.I knew the name of Selena’s murderer now. This man wasn’t getting away from me. I was getting my revenge. Selena’s death will be avenged. David, whoever you are, I will find you. And mark my words; I am going to kill you.

Okay, I know this super sucks monkey ass but I’ve been having the worst writer’s block for just about all my stories, it’s ridiculous. I’m sorry, okay? For the wait and for the suckiness. Be patient with me please and please don’t abandon this story. I’m not going to so you shouldn’t either. Anyway, I hope you liked it and will comment :D