Chapter Forty-One: Mary, Mary Quite Contrary

Annabelle's POV

Today was pretty uneventful. I had been working with Alex in the office until I felt ready to drop and he called it a day. We walked back to the room in compatible silence and he held my hand, which I thought sweet.

What I really wanted to tell you about was the fact moment when he turned to me, looked deep into my eyes, and said, “Can I call in a feeder?”.

I blinked.

“Uh sure” I thought it was weird he was even asking permission but I went with it. Soon enough, a feeder was sent to our room, almost by magic.

“Hello” she purred. I narrowed my eyes. She looked familiar.

Alex led her to a chair and opened a vein. She sat on his lap, straddling him. The memory tugged at me, if only I could unlock it! It was right on the tip of my tongue. I pondered it while I stared at her. I knew that I knew her but who could she be?

It didn't hit me until she was ready to leave. She kissed Alex one last time, sent me a smug smirk and was about to leave when it finally hit me.

“Mary” I whispered. That was the bitch that was determined to fuck over my life! Alex turned to me, surprised.

“Yes, this is Mary. She is David's primary feeder but most of them are asleep right now. I figure that's why they sent her to me” he told me. That bitch looked like she was ready to either pee herself or run away. My smile was feral.

That wasn't all. She was also the one that slept with Rey.

“Alex, can I have a moment with her please?” I didn't even wait for a response before I dragged her to the feeder room, a delightfully soundproof room. Adrian was the only one in there, Rey was still doing chores.

She kept looking at Alex as if he were to help her. As if.

Adrian was sitting on the floor, watching the Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy and he looked up at our entrance. Confusion stole over his face.

“My queen? Why did you get a new feeder? Am I not pleasing you?” he asked, springing up and coming to my side. I let one of my arms drop from the crushing grip I had on Mary's arms to get him closer. I tried my best to hug him.

“This isn't going to be a new feeder. I wouldn't let one fang near her skank neck” I told him, forcing Mary to sit on Rey's bed.

“Ow” her mouth was muffled, full as it was by Rey's plush pillow. That would come in handy later.

She arranged herself to her haughty best, crossing her legs and sending me a condensing look. That bitch would regret it.

“Get me a knife. Step on it” I told Adrian, giving Mary's suddenly terrified face a sweet smile. I was going to like this.

“So, did you only dangle an escape in front of our noses to make it easier for David to nab us?” I asked conversationally, waiting for my knife with ill patience.

I didn't even need her answer. Everything made sense now, how we never got a signal from her to escape, how David was able to catch us so easily, her whole presence in our life suddenly stood explained.

She was David's bitch. She would do anything for him, just like I knew Adrian would do for me. His getting a knife only proved that.

“Here” he panted, giving me a paring knife. I eyed it but deemed it good enough for what I had in mind. It wasn't as intimidating as a butcher knife but it cut just as well.

Mary seemed to have the same idea because she eyed it with apprehension. She should be. I grinned, fangs showing.

“Adrian I want you to hold her down, okay?” if he questioned my methods, he didn't voice it. He held her down securely, taking care not to rub against her too much, knowing I wouldn't like it.