JEONGGUK
you make my
heart flutter

LALISA
😘😘😘

11:50 pm ET
later okay

JEONGGUK
noted

▪️

11:39 pm
LALISA
WE'RE ABOUT
TO PERFORM
JSJSIZIISISISJZ

Jeongguk smiled as he read the text. He was in his hotel room, lounged on the couch and the TV finally ready for BLACKPINK'S live performance in Coachella. He was excited for her, all right. It brought him back to their own AMAs performance, wherein they had felt the heavy pressure of being the first Korean boy group to perform in front of celebrities. He was sure they felt the same thing.

A knock suddenly snapped him out of his trance.

"JK! It's me, Tae." A voice sounded from the other side of the door. Sighing, Jeongguk stood up and went to open it. "Hey, what are you up to? Want to play games?"

"No." He shook his head, going back to the couch. "I'm watching BLACKPINK's Coachella performance in a bit. I think it's about to start, anyway."

"Coachella? That's today?" Taehyung incredulously asked. "Then why didn't we go?"

"It's hours away, Tae."

"Aw, that's too bad." He settled himself next to him, "I'll watch with you. What time will they be performing?"

"At 11:50."

"Cool." He faced him, "Tell me, Guk, how does it feel like dating your crush?"

His sudden question startled him, "My crush?"

"Lisa. She's been your crush since forever, you know."

Jeongguk tilted his head, "How can you say so?"

The other boy snorted, "Guk, even if you don't say so, it's pretty obvious. You practically jam to her lines during award shows and you never miss a lyric."

"So? You do that, too."

"Yeah. But do I search BLACKPINK Lisa Cute Moments and BLACKPINK Lisa Raps on YouTube?"

Oh shit. "Where did you learn about that?" It was true, but it was a long time ago.

"You gotta delete your history sometimes, you know. Besides, that was in what, 2018? I think you lost interest around mid-2018, though."

He nodded, "Yeah, I did."

"But now you're dating her. What happened?"

"I honestly don't know. We just started being friends and stuff and things started to... develop." He lied smoothly. The other guy bought it.

"Well, you have to be careful though. They're from YG. You know what they're capable of." Taehyung scrunched his nose, "Oh, look, the show's starting."

Indeed, the show was starting. The introductory VCR was playing, the names of the members written in big, bold letters appearing one by one.

"Oh my God, they have a band?!" Taehyung practically screamed as the instrumentals started playing. "Shit, I've got to call Namjoon. He's going to die when he sees this." He ran out of the room, making Jeongguk laugh.

Moments later, they returned, not just with Namjoon but Jin and Jimin as well.

"Hey, you're a Blink, too?" Jeongguk asked, looking up and down at Jimin.

He shook his head, "Uh, no. I just went here 'cause I've got nothing better to do." But Jeongguk knew it was a lie.

They all settled themselves on the couch, which was surprisingly big.

"Ddu du ddu du is starting." Taehyung clapped his hands.

"Oh my God, they have a band?!" Namjoon asked in amazement as the intro of the song started playing, repeating Tae's previous question. "This is amazing!"

Jin whistled. "The outfits are amazing. Glad that YG gave them decent outfits rather than... the last time."

While they were talking, Jeongguk was searching for a certain gray head that still didn't appear in the frame.

"Oof, Jennie looks so hype." Namjoon commented as she started the song.

Jin agreed, "Honestly, I would be, too. It's Coachella we're talking about."

"Look, Kookie, your girlfriend." Jimin pointed. The boys started teasing him, to which he ignored.

There she was, rocking the stage as if it was hers. Lisa's stage presence always stood out among the four of them, hence why he was drawn to her immediately. The energy that she was just giving out was extraordinary.

"Wow, her body is magnificent." Jimin remarked, making Taehyung glare him and mutter hey, that's his girlfriend. "What? It was just a comment."

"Hey, watch it." He didn't know why he was tense so suddenly, "That's my girlfriend you're talking about."

"Chill your ass, Guk. I was just commenting."

And that's how the rest of the show went.

The five of them continued to watch, occasionally throwing positive comments here and there, up to the point where Hoseok and Yoongi came to watch as well.

Yoongi was particularly surprised by the stamina the girls had despite almost not having a break in between. How they remained stable despite the tiring set list.

He felt proud and arrogant whenever they threw a compliment to Lisa. He'd say, "Well, that's my girlfriend." smugly and the rest of the boys would just roll their eyes and grumble.

Eventually, the show ended and the boys told Jeongguk to send their congratulations to the girls. It wasn't actually their first time interacting though, they had backstage moments where they would congratulate each other whenever they pass by or Tae would just send Jisoo a text. Namjoon and Jennie had been friends way before, as well as Lisa and Jimin because of a collab they did back in 2016. So they sort of have a background of friendship together, except for the fact that both groups didn't meet in person yet.

APRIL 13, 2019

1:01 am
JEONGGUK
great job darling!!

i'm so proud of you
😭😭😭

like that's my girl
right there 😩💕

the boys send their
congratulations too
by the way

1:21 am
LALISA
KOOKIEEEE

thank you so
muchhhh 😘

wish you
were here 😭

JEONGGUK
next time 🤗

enjoy your
time there lali

LALISA
okayyyy

you're going
to sleep?

JEONGGUK
yessss

goodnight
darling 😘

LALISA
nanite, junglebook

let's talk tomo
okay??

😘🤗