Tension

"He's pretty good." Outside, two werewolves sat as they watched a vampire boy skateboarding. They looked over to Hellscream as he spoke, "And to think, because of his powers, he's able to master moves it took you years to perfect." He let out a chuckle, "Before you know it, skateboarding could be an all vampire sport."

The werewolves frowned and one pulled out his iCoffin. He angled it to where the sun would reflect off the screen and hit the vampire directly in his eyes. As the sunlight hit him in his bat form, the vampire turned back into his human form before failing the flip and falling. 

The werewolves around him all make noises of approval.

It was lunchtime. Vampires and werewolves were all sitting together, along with other monsters. Everyone seemed happy.

Three vampire girls and three werewolf girls sat together. One vampire held out a spoon with steak and fed the werewolf girl across from her. 

"Breaking bread together," Van Hellscream showed up again, and held out a loaf of bread. He tore it in half to make his point. "Remarkable! This never would have been possible in years past, what with all the diseases spread by werewolves." The vampires gave glances towards the the werewolves as he spoke. "Enjoy."

The vampire who had fed the werewolf looked at the spoon in her hand before throwing it down in disgust. The three fled from the table and left the werewolves with hurt faces.

You, Frankie, and Abbey all held your lunch trays as you watched Hellscream work. 

"Uh, diseases?" You questioned as you watched the vampire girls flee.

"We need to talk to Bloodgood."

Frankie knocked on the office door before opening it and poking her head in, "Headmistress Bloodgood? Administrator Van Hellscream?"

After a quick look around, Abbey confirmed, "No one in here but horse." Nightmare was chained by her mouth against the wall. She pulled against it as she saw the three of you.

"Woah, check out these artifacts!" You all walked closer to Bloodgood's desk while looking around.

"He certainly make himself at home." Abbey inspected a red chest and opened it. Multiple spirits came out of the box. While you two were distracted with the red box, Frankie made a discovery on the Headmistress' desk.

"Gorgon powder. Made from the crushed glass stared at by a gorgon." She read from the green lid of a little box. 

You walked closer to her to inspect the box as well, "Why would he need this?"

"You're not supposed to be in here!" 

You felt yourself jump a bit as you all turned to face the doorway. Bloodgood stood there, and she was very angry.

Frankie handed you the box as she stepped a bit closer to Bloodgood, "We wanted to talk to you about Van Hellscream."

"Hmm, why?"

"Well, do his methods seem odd to you?"

Bloodgood got closer and pointed a finger at Frankie, "Franncie, he is a monster expert, you are not. Now run along."

You set the box down and joined the other two in getting out of there as fast as you could. As you stepped out, you heard Nightmare fussing and tugging against her chain once more. "Nightmare, stop! You dumb animal!"

You and Frankie gasped at her words. She grabbed onto Abbey's arms, "That's not Bloodgood."

"Hey, Howleen."

"Did my sister send you?"

"No, no, " Romulus joined the werewolf on the stairs, "I heard what happened."

"Great, it's all over school! I'm so embarrassed!" She hid her face in her hands.

"It's not your fault, vampires have been doin' that stuff to our people for thousands of years."

Howleen lifted her face from her hands, "Yeah?"

"Yeah. And they're gonna keep doing it, unless you fight back. Stand up for yourself. Let those bloodsucking freaks know Howleen Wolf is nobody's dog. Remember, if you want respect, you've gotta earn it."

She gave him a smile and stood up to put whatever her plan was into action. 

Romulus remained sitting on the steps as thoughts ran through his head.

'Vampires are so entitled that they think they can just claim anything they want.'

When he had heard about the bathroom incident, he could only remember you. What if you had tried to go somewhere the vampires wouldn't allow. Would they hurt you? Sure, it was only werewolves they hated now, but that didn't mean it wouldn't spread to different monsters too. What if you were next?

If this plan worked, Howleen should hopefully rally enough werewolves to outnumber the vampires, then they would hopefully leave while their wings were still intact. 

'Especially that stupid blonde boy who thinks he can take my ghoul.'

"I'm telling you, it's not her." Frankie and you sat with Lagoona and Draculaura as she tried to convince them of her thought. 

Lagoona looked over to Bloodgood who was standing next to Van Hellscream and watching the lunch line. "It looks like her to me."

"I know it looks liker her, but she doesn't," she started to whisper, "act like her."

Draculaura spoke up from beside you, "What is she acting like?"

"I don't know, weird. She's just weird" She pulled out her history book, "Plus, have you seen the new history books? It's all about the werewolf-vampire wars. Bloodgood would never allow that. Stirring up all that bad blood between them?"

"Crickey, you're right! I have noticed a real agro-vibe lately."

"Yeah, it just doesn't feel like Monster High anymore-ah there's Clawd! BRB." Draculaura quickly forgot what she was talking about and headed over to Clawd.

While Frankie and Lagoona talked a bit about the situation, you looked over to Draculaura. Her smile dropped after Clawd said something and after a little more was said, she lowered her head a bit and walked away. You were going to go over and see if she wanted to rant in the bathroom, but then, Gorey and Bram walked up to her. They exchanged a few words, and Draculaura gave a short reply and made her way back over to the table.

"What just happened?" You placed a hand on her shoulder.

She sighed, "Oh, nothing. Just, Clawd is spending his night with Romulus, again."

"What about those two, did they bother you?" If Bram said something then you were gonna beat him up.

"No, they just felt like telling me how great vampires are, and all that."

"Attention students," Everyone stopped as Van Hellscream's voice was heard over the intercom, "please gather in the courtyard for a very special statue unveiling."

You gave Frankie a worried look, and she was giving you one back.