" Thanks Tom," you smile.

Tom shuffles, chewing on his lip, something's playing on his mind, " If you don't mind me asking, I want to know what it felt like, when your powers came out of you?" Tom blurts.

You blink for a moment, " It's weird. It happened without me thinking about it, like I had no control over it. But it felt like something woke up inside me, and when it went down my arms I could feel it through my whole body. I felt charged, I felt alive, I felt powerful..."

Tom nods, thinking. You chew your bottom lip, worrying about your new found powers. " What if I hurt someone by accident?"

Tom shakes his head, " I don't think that'll happen, your powers protected us, without you even thinking about it."

You nod, an icy breeze blows, making you wrap your arms tighter around yourself. " I didn't see anyone get hurt at the bar though, did you?"

" No, everyone was in the kitchen and the bartender seemed ok."

" Why did you drag me out of there though?"

" Remember how the police shot at the Storm lady, before she even done anything to them. I  didn't want the same thing to happen to you. I was scared that if the cops turned up... they might hurt you," Tom admits, concern in his eyes.

Your heart warms and you take his hand in yours, " Thank you, but I hate to burst your bubble."

Tom frowns, " Why?"

" Everyone there recognised you. I'm sure if the cops were called they'll know where to find you."

" Crap," Tom hisses, running a hand through his hair. " They will too..." His jaw clenches, "Down side of fame," he mumbles.

You place a hand on his arm, " It's ok... We just need to go somewhere to think about our next move. Plan what to do, if the police show up. Where do you think we should go?"

" Hmm, I'm not sure. But let's get back in the car and think about it, it's cold," Tom's breath mists in front of him.

Shivering, you're grateful he suggested it, the night has a chill to it and you both hop in the car.

" Maybe we can go to yours?" Tom asks, his seat squeaks as he turns to face you.

" I don't think my parents would leave us alone, and to be honest if the police turned up. My mom and dad would freak out... I don't know want them to know about my powers yet." You look down, toying with your hair nervously.

Tom sighs, " Well...."

You look up, Toms brows furrow deep in thought, his arms crossed in front of him.

" We could go back to my hotel if you want? But if the police do come around, I could get on to my lawyer, and she can advise us what to do... I can't believe I didn't think of this before, and I don't want to sound like a dick, but I don't think the cops will try anything too bad, because of who I am. I don't think they'd like it if I put some police brutality video up on my Instagram, it probably wouldn't serve their best interests if they copped bad publicity that could open an investigation by the FBI..."

Staring at Tom, your tense shoulders release as you realize what Tom's saying is true.

" You're right! They wouldn't try anything because you're famous. They wouldn't want bad publicity, so maybe it might not be so bad."

" Yeah, and if they try to ask any weird questions, I'll get onto my lawyer... So, would you like to come back to the hotel with me?"

" Yes, that sounds like a good idea," Your cheeks blush with heat, and your stomach flips.