The Perfect Moment

Garrance.

Everyone, get off the smut train. Go on, get off. Not today.

And, uhhh... tell me to do more stuffs. I need ideas, I needs to steal!

---

14 months.

Garroth and Laurance knew each other for 14 months.

How does Laurance know that? Well, it's not hard to keep track of how long you know somebody when you're in love with them.

But, what casted his eyes and heart in the shadows was the fact that they were far apart. Halfway across the world, to be exact.

He wanted to tell him, but how? He couldn't just up and blurt it out. It had to be the right moment. The perfect day.

"Laurance?" He brought his eyes up to the screen where the familiar blurry blonde was waiting a response with a worried stare. "Are you ok?"

"Yeah. I'm fine. Just a little scrambled today."

"Well, you can't be as scrambled as these eggs!" Garroth's smile reappeared as a blurry plate of eggs was brought into the camera. Laurance's heart pounded. His smile could kill him, if he tried hard enough. He finally snapped out of another stare and giggled at the blonde.

"You're too much, Gar." Garroth pulled the plate away with a pout.

"There is something wrong with you." He gleamed with excitement with placing his elbows on his gaming desk and his chin resting in his hands. "Spill."

He wasn't wrong. Other things have been happening, Laurance just didn't want to bombard him with his mini life crisis. His family has disowned him for being gay, his friends were forced to loose contact with him, and not to mention tha-

"Hey GarGar!"

...That.

"Hiya Aph. How was work?" Aphmau, Garroth's girlfriend, came onscreen and she gave him a kiss on the cheek.

"It was great! I got to handle animals for the first time to- Oh! Hey Laurance! Are you guys about to record? I can leave if you need me to."

"No, no. You're fine Aph. We were just talking for a bit while we wait for the game to load up."

Her smile washed away slowly. "Laurance. Are you ok- Have you even asked him if he was ok yet?" She jumped to conclusions and stared at Garroth with a worried motherly look. He waved his hands in front of his face frantically with a wary smile.

"No! I-I have. I was about to make him spill." She breathed out a sigh of relief with a small smile.

"Mkay. I just wanted to make sure that I don't know your friends better than you do. I'm gonna go fix you some lunch."

Garroth nodded and at that, she exited. "Sorry about that. She does worry about you. Of course, she worries about everyone. But you... I guess she just sees your mental health declining." Garroth ran a hand through his hair. "So... tell me what's been on your mind."

Laurance sighed. He didn't wanna lie and say everything was fine, and he knew that Garroth would catch on quickly to the lie if he tried to tell one.

"I- I dunno. I mean, I do, but... I'm just not sure that I'm ready to tell you. It's not like I have anyone else to tell it to anyways. Everyone else knew by force."

Garroth cocked his head to the side in confusion. "What do you mean?"

"Nevermind."

They sat there in awkward silence.