Writing Tips Pt.1

Writing, if you actually think about it, is not that simple. There are many ways in writing which can sometimes be confusing.

Let's start off simple.

To me, in how to achieve to be a good writer, is to learn from a good writer. See how they format their writing, how they punctualize, puralise, indent etc. It actually helps.

• For quotations, you could indent to show that a character is speaking

Eg. The waiter took out his notepad before smiling at the young lady.

"May I take your order ma'am?" He asked.

Something like that. It makes the paragraph or chapter look neat and less chaotic

• Also, try to avoid long paragraphs. You could indent every once in a while to avoid confusion. You could have a long paragraph and something could be indented because it's either too long or apart of it doesn't need to be conjoined.

Eg. It was my first day of college. I could not wait to make friends. I know that they're are many pros and cons that are associated with college, but I would not know if I didn't embrace it. I shut my car before heading to the front office

"I shut my car before heading to the front office" - can be indented because it does not relate to the rest of the paragraph. It's more like a thought and then the person shows the action which is necessary for it to be indented.

• Listing things should be clear.

Eg. Karen wanted all the following: nuts, beans, greens, peas etc.

Or

Peas
Greens
Brand etc.

Don't put apostrophes on words that already end with s.

Eg. Felises shoes was pretty and such

Any questions about these can be asked. Also, don't forget your pronounciations like to capitalize I etc.

........

If this tip helped, please drop a comment or vote!