Chapter 11: Baffling Encounter

Start from the beginning

The small "appa" Jungwoo let out as his smile from looking at the man dropped, me totally ignoring the fact that he just called his father "appa" as he has said it way too many times, I figured it's just out of habit at this point.

The innocent call to the man had no effect. The man still planted his piercing gaze at us.

The silence between us was just killing me, I dread to escape from this, I could no longer withstand the look he's giving us, I just felt like breaking down, along with Jungwoo.

The intense eye contact between each other broke as the man now kept a nonchalant gaze when lifting his head to look down at us before turning around, walking toward the exit.

"Miss Kim, I will be heading home early today,"

"So you can get going." He paused before turning around.

"It was nice meeting you again,"

He told me before turning back around and making his way out of the office

-

I took my boss's suggestion and so was now making our way home as Jungwoo and I was walking toward the bus stop.

The sun was already setting despite the fact that we left early but my mind was too caught up at what had just happened this morning that I kept taking the wrong turns just to get to the bus stop.

I guess I just can't comprehend that, was all this real?

Is he really back in my life?

Out of all the men that could have been my boss, it has to be him?

"Have you ever heard of the man Jeon Jungkook?" the girl asked the group of high school students in front of us.

"Oh, who doesn't, he is literally everywhere,"

Just when that other girl ended her statement, a particular ad came up in the billboard screen on the building in front of us.

Showcasing the man that's been the talk of the town, Jeon Jungkook.