Bedtime Stories

A/N: SOO ... THIS IS BASICALLY JUST A FILLER AND I PROMISE TO TRY AND UPLOAD MORE SOON :-) LOL THERE PROBABLY ISN'T ANYONE EVEN READING THIS BUT ME. AM I TALKING TO MYSELF? LOL I'LL JUST SHUT UP NOW :L

_____________________________________________

When she was little, her father used to tell her stories about the Blue Jay. He would sit her down on his lap, and always tell her never to look at the woman in the red cloak and the black shoes, with the cold, piercing, ice blue eyes and the flawless face. It was such a day, when her father was sat with the little girl on his lap, and began his usual tales about the Blue Jay and its deadly companion.  

"Once, there was a girl, a very pretty girl, with ice blue eyes and thick black hair. And, as so many other children did, she fell prey to the Blue Jay. It was on a dreadful night, when, as the little girl was tucked into bed by her mother and father, the Blue Jay flew in through the open window. Her mother cried as she tried to bat it away, but try as they might, neither that mother nor father could prevent the Blue Jay from landing on the little girl's shoulder, and, as of then, the little girl was doomed. As if in a trance, the girl followed the Blue Jay to the very place where she would be Taken, as good as dead. It lead her down the old stairs of her tiny, unstable house, through the hallway, and landed, floating down like a feather, on the doorknob. Like always, before her parents frightful eyes, the woman appeared, staring straight into the little girl's eyes, until the Blue Jay fluttered to her shoulder, and she vanished, with the silent promise that she would come again."  

The little girl's eyes were wide with fright. Her father kissed the top of her head, holding her tightly. 

"Just as I am telling you," he would say, looking down into her eyes lovingly, "that little girl's father would tell her never to look at the Blue Jay's companion, never to look up from the ground too much, lest she see the Blue Jay in front of her. But because of what she had seen before, all those years ago, she did. She looked, and what she saw was a terrible sight. The Blue Jay and its frightful companion, with her ice blue eyes, and her thick black hair, with her blood red cloak wrapped around her shoulders, and from that moment, when the little girl's eyes met the woman's, she was lost. Entranced by the woman's beauty, the little girl took the hand the woman offered, and was lead away, like so many other little boys and girls, never to be seen again." 

"Daddy?" She asked. 

"Yes?" 

"Where does the woman come from?" 

Her father looked deep into the little girls eyes, and said: 

"The Blue Jay's companion ... Doesn't really live, as such. It more ... Exists, because no mortal, ordinary human being could live for hundreds of years. Over hundreds of years, the Blue Jay's companion does her work, taking child after child to the Vicus Damnatorum. But all living things must die someday, so this woman, having been Taken for the Blue Jay, must find another to replace herself, and then, and only then, may she find relief in death." 

"Why, daddy?" 

"Because good cannot exist without evil." 

"What happens at the Vicus?" 

"No one knows," her mother cut in sharply, "and it's better not to speak of it." She said, frowning at the father, clearly communicating that enough stories had been told. 

"Bed." Her father said simply to the little girl. 

"Oh, daddy!" She whined. He simply carried her up the rickety old staircase and laid her in her bed. 

"Daddy?" 

"Yes, my love?" 

"Will I ever get taken?" 

Her father smiled, "No, not if you do as I told you, and never look at a Blue Jay."

_____________________________________________

A/N: SO THERE WE GO :) NEXT UPLOAD SOONISH ... I THINK :-/ LOL!! :D