The Tears of Destamona Swan

HEYA GUYS, NOT MANY OF YOU HAVE READ MY LAST UPLOAD YET, WHICH MAKES ME SAD :-( ... BUT I'LL UPLOAD THIS ANYWAYS, LOL :-)

______________________________________________________________________

Serena's POV

I am sat at the table with my mother and two sisters. Ivy looks ... confused, as if she doesn't know how to feel. My mother looks strangely empty, like the life has been sucked from her. Her cheeks are no longer pink and rosy, her once ocean blue, bright, sparkling eyes are now sunk deep into her face, grey and dead looking, like a thin, pale film has covered them, separating her from us. Mona's face like ash. 

"So explain it to me again." Ivy mutters, frowning, "I thought the blue jay could only take children with BLUE eyes, not brown. Its impossible for Destamona to be taken, isn't it? Eyes ... the colour of them is everything to the Blue Jay. Blue feathers, blue eyes. They're the ... requirements, right? What does that ... woman actually do with those kids?" 

"I don't know." Mother says, "and the only ones able to tell us are in no fit state to do so. I also have no idea why Mona was taken." 

"Come on, guys. Think!" I say, frustrated, "What makes Mona different to all those other children that thing could have taken?" 

Silence. 

"Ugh! Mona! Come on, if you can remember anything, ANYTHING, even the tiniest, stupidest little detail--" 

"Oh god." Ivy says quietly, "we've been stupid. HOW could we have missed that!?" 

"What!?" I say quickly 

"Ivy?" 

"She wasn't afraid." 

"Of what?" I'm impatient, worried for my sister. 

"The Blue Jay. Every child, every single one, whether dark or light eyed, is afraid of the Blue Jay, right?" 

"Mona wasn't ..." mother says in barely more than a whisper. 

"Exactly! She was ... almost a threat to the Blue Jay ... something about her was dangerous, she had something no other child ever could!" 

"She controlled the fear, that's like ... fighting yourself, your instinct." 

We are all staring at each other, shocked and gaping, but totally certain of our theory. Suddenly, Mona screams, a terrible, shocking, blood curdling scream that rings in my ears and makes goose bumps appear all over my arms. The hairs on the back of my neck stand up, and my brain shrieks in protest. She screams again, her whole body racked with sobs, her face scrunched up like paper, spasms shaking through her torso. 

"Mona!" I cry out as she falls to the ground, her chair toppling uselessly behind her. We rush to her side. I rest her head on my knees, and we struggle to pin down her flailing arms. She thrashes around, desperately trying to escape our grasp. 

"The boat ..." she gasps, her voice cracked and hoarse. 

"What about it, Mona? Tell us!" Ivy shrieks. 

"It's all ... dead--the clearing ..." 

"What clearing? Mona, what happened!?" 

She howls in pain yet again. Mother looks frantic, terrified for her youngest daughter. 

"Run! RUUUNN!" She screams, the loudest yet, "SHE'S COMING!" 

"Who? WHO?" I yell over her. 

She laughs, a cold, unfeeling laugh, except it is not Mona laughing. It is Hazel, using my sister as her mouthpiece, 

"Destamona Swan does not fear me ..." 

Mona is twisted into grotesque shapes, her arms bending in unnatural ways, her spine going back on itself, her legs twisted and knotted together, jolting in pain. A strange sound is coming from her mouth, a groaning, hoarse, pain filled moan like nails on a chalkboard. 

"The Vicus is a place of suffering, of fear and madness. Do you know what happens there, Serena?" 

"N-no." I utter, paralysed with fear. 

Another cold, hard laugh. 

"The children are taken from their homes, from the safety of their mothers and fathers arms, to a dark, dark place ... the pain and the suffering is everything ... no glimmer of hope, no love, no life. Nothing but pain ... not death, no, no sweet release, no bliss ... no peace. Every moment there is a living hell. Is that what you want, sweet sister? For our lovely, innocent, young Mona to be taken there, to feel the pain so many others have felt? For her to live in eternal pain? Is that what you want? Is it? IS IT?" 

"No," I utter, my eyes wide with fear. Mona's eyes are two glistening orbs, far away from us, in a place where we can't reach her. 

"To be taken by the Blue Jay is worse than death, and yet ... she does not fear it. Destamona Swan does not fear the Blue Jay, and for that she must pay the price ... she WILL be taken." Another rattling, horrific shriek, "If you wish that upon her ... let her live ... or end her suffering ... and kill Destamona Swan ..." 

Tears are pouring down all our faces, "NO!" Shouts mother, hugging Mona to her chest, as if by trying to shield her from sight would protect her from harm. 

"Kill her ..." 

Sobs are racking my body. Why? Why Mona? So young, so innocent, so fragile. 

"Kill her ... Kill ... Kill ... KILL ... KILL ... KILL!" 

Her voice is ringing through my ears, screeching and rattling in my head, I clamp my hands over my ears, but the horrible sound does not fade ... I am shaking like a leaf, trembling and quivering, and screaming ... 

"KILL KILL KILL!" 

Our terrified streams mingle with Mona's pain filled ones, with Hazels impossibly loud, devilish chanting, with the death song of the Blue Jay, a chilling symphony of baleful song, the work of the devil himself. I scream and scream, trying to block the ghastly sounds from my head, wishing for quiet, praying for it, begging for it. 

"KILL ... KILL ... Kill ... kill ... ki-- ... k--" 

The noise fades away, but Hazels words still echo in my head: 

'Kill Destamona Swan.'

______________________________________________________________________

A/N: SO SORRY IT TOOK ME SO LONG TO WRITE THIS :/ BUT I'LL UPLOAD MUCH SOONER FROM NOW ON, PROMISE :D DONT FORGET TO CLICK THAT LITTLE VOTE BUTTON PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE IM BEGGING YOU!!! IS IT SO MUCH TO ASK FOR A TEENSY EENSY LITTLE VOTE? THANKS :D BTW IF YOU LEAVE A COMMENT I WILL READ IT AND ACTUALLY REPLY TO IT, RATHER THAN JUST SKIMMING THROUGH THEM ALL AND NOT BOTHERING TO ACTUALLY FEEL GRATEFUL TO YOU GUYS :) xxxxxxxxxxxx