Chapter 31

"15... 16, and 17. I have 17." I say to everyone.

"I have 24." Nathan says by my side.

Now that we have a safe distance between ourselves and the asylum, we finally managed to settle down. We are all in a small circle and we are counting the supplies that we brought.

"So, in total we have 127 supplies." We stare at the things we found in disbelief, I never would have guessed that we would found so many things and we would bring so many.

"But don't forget that some of them are useless to us."

"That's because someone didn't check the validity of the medicines." I look in Lucy's direction, she brought around 14 things, most of them were bottles containing an enormous variety of pills, some were purple, other blue, red and even yellow. So, imagine how happy we were that we could have pills for maybe everything and then we checked the date...

9 bottles of pills were out of time, leaving us only 5 of the 14 bottles she brought.

"I already said that I was sorry." A blush appears on her cheeks although she tries to hide it with her blond hair.

"It doesn't really matter since we have more pills than we could have wished for..." Ed states, we have a huge combination of items piled on the group even clean bandages, so we know that we won't have to worry if one of us get sick or injured.

"At least we found what we wanted in that building." Beth voices her thoughts.

"Entering an asylum to find supplies without getting killed. Checked." Dylan jokes with the situation. It's unbelievable how light hearted he is, always happy and funny, seeing the things always from the bright side. Sometimes he has his bad moments like everyone, but he is joking most of the time.

How he manages to do that? I don't know.

"We only have half of the things we need, we still have to find food." Nathan reminds us all.

"Wait, I have a few nuts in my backpack, I found them with Nathan, it's not enough to satisfy us but it will keep us from starving." I reach for my bag and search for them, it doesn't take me long to find them, so I grab a handful of them and show it to the group.

"We still need more than that."

"No shit, Ed." Dylan says, sarcasm clear in his voice and I have to prevent a smile to form on my lips, not that I wouldn't mind to show Ed how much funny it is when people make fun of him, but because we have more important things to think off.

"I was just saying." He says grumpy as ever.

"No, you were stating the obvious. It's a huge difference." I can see the corner of Dylan's mouth twitch and I know that he also wants to smile at this little teasing game with Ed.

"Will you focus? This is serious." Beth jumps from her seat and stands above all of us. A frown is prominent on her face and that seems just out of place. "We have to find food, and a shelter, because more snow is coming and if we stay here on the ground we will die from hypothermia and there isn't a pill in that pile that can fix a dead body."

None of us talk because we know that she is right, so we all nod in agreement.

"I don't know about you, but we also have to find a lake or a waterfall, we stink. We have been a weeks without cleaning our bodies, I don't really care if the water is freezing, I only need to take the dirt off of my body." I look around me and see different reactions to Beth's words.

Dylan starts smelling his armpit, Ed looks at his chest from under his shirt, the girls look shocked by the straightforwardness on her words but nod agreeing with her statement. I see by the corner of my eye Nathan smelling his shirt and I don't even move to see if I stink because I know that I don't smell like roses.