Chapter 1: Finally Found Her

This is the first piece of writing I've ever written. It's safe to say when I go back and try to read this story, I cringe. Some parts I still like, and most parts I'm like wow ok why did I ever think this was ok enough to publish?

There are grammar mistakes, bad writing, barely any reference to time as in days they've been together and such, and just bad/cliché plot sometimes. I'm not going to revise or edit it because I'd rather just spend my time writing other stuff. So yeah, go easy on me with the criticism and read at your own risk.

The first few chapter's of this book are in third person. The rest are either in Ryder's POV or Jasmine's POV.
~

Ryder took a deep breath as he turned off his car that was currently parked in front of his school. He looked around the almost empty parking lot not realizing he had left this early. He would usually wait for his other pack members but once again his father decided to sit him down and stress how important it is for him to find his mate...and fast. Ryder replied with a roll of his eyes and an "I know" before he excused himself and walked out before his father could nag him even more. He would have never gotten away with excusing himself, rather than being excused, if he wasn't so close to becoming Alpha. Ryder knew how important it was for him to find a mate, he didn't need his father to tell him. Not only did he know how important it was for the pack to have a Luna, he also knew having a mate would make things better for him. Someone to hold and talk to when pack duties got a little too much. Someone to remind him that he can do it when he began to doubt himself. Someone to love him. Someone he loved.

A honk of a car nearby shook him out of his thoughts, and kind of made him jump, as he looked over to see his soon to be beta, and best friend, parking right next to him with his mate Lauren, laughing at how they managed to scare the big bad Alpha.

Brad rolled down his window with a grin, "Dude for a guy that's supposed to be Alpha soon, you sure do get scared easily"

Ryder smiled and put up his middle finger speaking with a smirk, "Shut up, Bradley, I can take away that Beta position faster than you know" he teased.

"Oh shut up Ryder, you could never. I can practically see the soft spot you have for this dork. That's how big it is," Lauren said while laughing before Brad playfully shoved her for calling him a dork.

The couple got out of the car, with Ryder doing the same, and Ryder couldn't help but notice the way they intertwined their fingers so naturally as they held hands. It's something mates don't even notice they're doing anymore. The way their hands and their bodies fit together perfectly. How could he not want that?

"Why are you here so early, man? Your dad getting on your back again?" Brad asked as they started walking.

"Yeah as usual, but I decided I'm just gonna head to the office and pick up some paper work before school anyway," The school administration was all ran by adult members of the pack. All the pack paper work was printed and organized in the office at school, than brought to the pack house to be looked over and processed by Ryder and his dad, who was still head in command, "What about you guys?

"She's dragging me to her Winter Ball committee meeting..." Brad rolled his eyes before he heard a gasp and received a smack on the arm from his mate.

"Excuse me? That is not true. You offered to drive me!" Lauren practically yelled.

Brad laughed as he wrapped his arm around her waist tugging her closer, kissing her on the temple before he spoke, "I know, baby, I was just joking. C'mon you're late. Bye Ryder, see you later"

Ryder waved them off as he walked inside a different entrance towards the office. He saw a Winter Ball flyer hanging and sighed. It's the biggest dance of the year besides prom, and he probably wasn't going to go this year. It sucked not going with a date, especially when all the other senior pack members had their mates to go with. He walked into the office and flashed a smile towards his mom's best friend, who he calls his aunt.