.CHAPTER THIRTY ONE.

Start from the beginning

Frank hummed and lifted his head up, turning on the engine and pulling out of the driveway. Gerard frowned when he saw that Frank's cut was still bleeding, and the bruise around his eye seemed to be green and purple.

"Frankie, maybe we could get some ice for your eye?" Gerard said quietly, holding the warm food in his lap as they started to drive out of the neighbourhood.

"It's okay, it barely even stings." Frank muttered, keeping his eyes on the road.

"Well, I just think that—"

"Gerard, it's fine." Frank interrupted with a snappy tone.

Gerard looked down at his lap, feeling like a kid getting grounded. He knows that he spoiled Frank's evening but he didn't think that he should be objected to all of this snapping and yelling, it made him feel immature and ridiculed.

All of the sudden Frank was pulling over and stopping by a random sidewalk. He parked the car and ran a hand through his hair as he turned to look at Gerard.

He opened his mouth to say something and Gerard watched closely as he just gave up and shut his eyes, his breath whooshing out of his system.

"Fuck, I- I'm being a complete asshole, aren't I?" Frank asked quietly, his eyes screwed shut as he spoke.

Gerard frowned, he didn't want to make Frank feel bad, but he wasn't about to lie to him again.

"'No- well.. a little." He muttered.

He reached over to brush Frank's hair out of his face, careful to not touch his cut.

Frank didn't say anything for a few moments as he just sighed and grabbed Gerard's hand softly.

"I didn't mean to get snappy with you, I'm sorry. I'm just so angry and I can't- I fucking can't—"

Frank let out a frustrated groan, falling against his seat. He let go of Gerard's hand as he tugged at his hair forcefully making Gerard wince.

"Frankie, don't do that.." He said softly as he tried to gently pull Frank's hands off of his hair.

Frank's hands fell in his lap and he opened his eyes slowly.

"Gerard, I— I need to tell you something." Frank said quietly, his words filling the air with the kind of tension that makes it known that whatever's coming next, can't be very good.

"But I-I'm scared." Frank admitted.

"Frank, you can tell me anything. You know that." Gerard said, focusing on Frank solely.

"I know..." Frank mumbled, looking down at his lap as he uttered his words. He took a breath before speaking again.

"Okay, so um, when I was around seventeen, my mom had to sell our car to be able to afford the rent, and so I would always have to walk to town to get the groceries..." Frank started slowly, fiddling with his fingers. "And everytime I was forced to, I remember being so fuckin' pissed off because all I wanted to do was stay home and play video games."

Frank chuckled softly as he recalled the memory, though it didn't seem like the happy kind of chuckle, but more the kind were you regret something but you can't really do much but laugh at it.