Chapter 10

Y/n's POV

We just finished eating and we were heading back to the church. As we started to get closer, I smelled smoke. I don't know if it was just me or if it was someone cooking something. But what I saw shocked me.

THE CHURCH WAS ON FIRE!!!!

Dally stopped the car, which allowed me and Ponyboy to get out.

"Pony, Y/n, where are you going?" Johnny asked.

"Get over here, man!" Dally told us, but we just ignored him.

It looked like there was a class and were on a field trip. There were a whole bunch of kids that looked terrified and two adults. But everything seems fine since nobody's hurt, right?

"Jerry, some of the children are missing!"

Well that's not good.

"No, they're not, Theresa," The man told the man.

I then heard some kids screaming. It sounded like they were inside the church. We had to do something.

"Pony, come on," I told him as I grabbed his hand and dragged him towards the entrance of the church. The man tried to stop us, but he couldn't.

As pony tried to break down the wooden planks at the entrance, Johnny came running towards us.

"Pony! Y/n!" He yelled. He then picked up a big rock and threw it at the wooden planks. This made a hole and they were able to take them down.

We quickly entered the church and made our way to the terrified kids. We then heard a loud screech.

"What was that?" Johnny asked.

"Is that guy coming?" Ponyboy then asked Johnny.

"No," Johnny answered.

"How come? Too scared?" Ponyboy asked.

"No. He's too fat, man," Johnny joked.

We then make it into a room and there were the children.

"Come on, man! In here!" Johnny said.

I then see Dally take down the wooden planks off of a window. Pony and Johnny then started carrying the kids towards Dally so that he can take them out while I lead a few to the window.

As soon as the kids were out, everything was getting too hot. I felt like I was going to pass out because of the heat. So I tried to make my way to the window. I see Dally try to reach out for me.

But I couldn't stay awake any longer. I fell towards him so that he can at least hold me and passed out.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I woke up to everything moving. I think I was in an ambulance because I could here the sirens. I tried to open my eyes, but I couldn't. I just felt like passing out again. But before I did, I mumbled out a few words.

"Pony, Johnny, Dally."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Finally, I woke up again. This time, I was in a hospital room. I had a wet cold towel on my forehead. I then looked at my surroundings. I was by myself. I wonder how long I was asleep for.

I then heard the door to my room open and saw a nurse enter. She then saw me awake.

"Hello, sweety. How are you feeling?" She asked me. I actually felt fine.

"I feel fine," I told her.

After the nurse did a few checks on me, she said I was fine and that I can go see my brothers.

Wait, my brothers? Soda and Darry are here?

I then exit the room to see Pony, Soda, and Darry sitting down on chairs. They then look up to see me.

"Y/n!" Soda said with a smile as he stood up.

I then run to him and give him a hug. Everything was silent until I heard Darry.

"Y/n," He said.

I then look at him, tears starting to form in my eyes. So I ran to him as he knelt down to my eye level and hugged me. At this point, I was already crying.

"I'm so sorry, Y/n," Darry told me. I then knew what he was talking about. This made more tears come out.

"It's ok, Darry," I told him.

He then stood up with me still in his arms and my other brothers joined in the hug.

We all then left the hospital and went to the car. As we were heading home, I felt tired. So I jest leaned against Ponyboy's shoulder and went to sleep. I was just tired.