Chapter 9

Y/n's POV

I was peacefully sleeping on a bench inside the church with Ponyboy and Johnny. We have been in the church for a while now. I started to miss home a little.

As I was sleeping, I heard footsteps coming from outside. I thought it was nothing and tried ignoring it. But I heard it again. It then sounded like someone was trying to get in.

I got scared and got up to go to another room in the church. I curled up in a corner by the doorway and tried to stay quiet. The stranger then entered the church. I then heard a familiar voice.

"Hey, Blondie. Wake up," Said the stranger. It was Dally.

"Hey, Dal. How you been?" Ponyboy asked as he started to wake up.

"Hey, Johnny, rise and shine, man!" Dally told Johnny.

I then wasn't scared anymore since I knew it was Dally. I was really happy to here his voice.

"Hey, Pony. Where's your sister?" Dally asked. I then exited the room I was hiding in.

"Here I am!" I yelled as I hugged Dally.

"Hey! There you are! What have you been doing? Playing hide and seek?" Dally joked.

The others then started asking questions at Dally.

"How's Soda doing?"

"Hey, Dallas. How are you?"

"Is he pretty upset?"

"Are the fuzz after us?"

"Wait. One thing at a time. Are you guys hungry? You want to get something to eat. I'm starving, man," Dally asked us.

"You're starving? Try baloney for four days," Johnny said as Dally laughed at what he said.

"Hey, you got a cancer stick, Johnny?" Dally asked.

"Yeah," Johnny said as he gave Dally a cigarette.

"I got a special delivery for...a Ponyboy Curtis. For you, man," Dally said as he gave Ponyboy a letter.

"Who's this from?" Pony asked.

The president of the United States of America," Dally joked.

"Yeah, right," Pony said.

"I'm serious, man. From your brother, Sodapop," Dally said.

"How did he know I was here?" Ponyboy asked.

"I told him where you were, but he didn't believe me. He really wanted me to give that to you, man," Dally said.

I then stood beside Ponyboy so that I can read the letter as well.

Well, I guess you got into some trouble, huh? Darry's awfully sorry he hit you and yelled at Y/n. You know he didn't mean it. Dallas got hauled into the station, and scared us something awful. And I wish you'd come back and turn yourselves in. We miss you. Say hi to Johnny for us.

Sodapop Curtis

"Hey, Dal, what's going on with the cops, man? Did you here anything?" Johnny asked.

"How come you got hauled in?" Ponyboy then asked.

"Those boys down at the station know me by now. While I was there, they beat it out of me that you guys were... Get this one. That you guys were headed for Texas, man. They think you guys are in Texas. Texas, man! God!" Dally said as Ponyboy stood up and put on his jacket.

"Look at this guy with his hair, man. I can't believe that. Blondie, man," Dally stated, mentioning Pony's hair.

"I know I look lousy, but don't rub it in," Pony said as we all started to walk out the door.

"You guys want to get something to eat?" Dally asked us.

"Yeah," I answered.

"You better believe it! Let's get out of here," Johnny said.

We all then went to Darry's car, or someone else's car that he stole, and went to get something to eat.