As soon as I hit the last note and only about a second of silence went by the person clapped at my performance, making me jump out of skin as I didn't know someone to be listening to me.

"I must say, you are really good." The person clapping said.

My body became rigid at the sound of the familiar voice that I wasn't ready to hear again. Slowly turning to the side to look towards the door I see Carter leaning in the doorway, his usual smirk there across his lips.

I laughed awkwardly as I felt quickly uncomfortable, especially since this was my first time seeing him again since he almost kissed me in the kitchen, "Oh uh, thank you."

Carter frowned at my rather stale answer as I turned away from him to face the piano again just so that I didn't have to look up at his eyes. The sound of footsteps came across the hardwood floor of the room as the bench I was sitting on creaked under more weight. He had taken the empty spot next to me, facing the opposite direction so that his back was towards the keys of the piano.

Carter only sat there for a few moments, causing the air to become thicker and thicker as I felt him watching me. Then his hand came over mine that was on the bench while he reached out with his opposite hand to brush his fingertips over my hair. My breathing hitched as my heart pounded faster and faster, flinching lightly from the touch of my hair behind swiped behind my ear.

"There is just something about you..." Carter muttered quietly mostly to himself.

The pads of his fingers traveled gently over the nape of my neck before coming down to my shoulder. Right where my neck meets my shoulder a certain spot gave me shudders as he touched it and I let out a shaky breath. He noticed my reaction and brushed his fingers over that same spot again, making my nails dig into the wood of then bench as I gripped it tighter. My body felt somehow weak and it wanted that spot to be touched again but I refused to think that.

He let out a breathy laugh, "So that's the spot huh?"

"W-what do you m-mean?"

Leaning in closer he nuzzled his nose into my hair, feeling his warm breath weave through my hair as he whispered, "The place for a mark."

Very abruptly I stood up and backed into the closest wall which was the bookcase behind me, feeling the different spines and ridges of the books press into my back. I was trying to create distance between the two of us but Carter only laughed at my poor attempt like I had made a dumb move. Casually he stood up at his full six foot height and slowly stepped his way closer to me.

"Stay...stay away from me." I warned, backing away from him as my arm slid across the wall I was against.

"You know." He started off, basically his mind in a world of its own at this point, "I'm beginning to think that fate made a mistake making you Noah's mate."

"Why do you say that?"

I continued backing up until I hit the other bookcase and before I could react Carter's hand slammed right next to my head, causing me to flinch at the loud sound as some of the books tumbled to the floor. Now I was trapped in a corner with Carter standing over me. I looked up at him with fearful eyes as he leaned down to me, still wearing that same smirk and his eyes gleaming ever so slightly.

"Because I think you should be my mate."

I let out a squeak as his warm hand wrapped around my waist. He rested his forearm above my head so he could lean in closer to me, his nose finding its way to bury into my hair.

"You make cute sounds." He whispered teasingly.

He leaned back slightly so that his lips could touch my cheek, slowly trailing light kisses down my jaw line to my ear. His teeth softly pulled on it as he nibbles on my ear, my hands reaching out to clutch into his shirt with the need to hold onto something as my breath continued to be uneven.