Chapter 5

Picture a city more often than not, teeming with busy people and bustles. The environment to where I’m standing, peculiarly at the middle of the pavement, was somewhat hard to construe. I cannot visibly see everything that passes me whether it was numerous cars or persons. I couldn’t tell whether it was already night time or still daylight for the sky incessantly changes its tone. I couldn’t interpret what was going on that baffling time. It was like I was just detached from the very whole of life and was just sailing through the boundless ocean of time. Nonetheless, there’s one thing I reckoned. And that was the thought of a fleeting moment in a dream…

Fearful was I not. I began to run.

Even though it didn’t get me to somewhere else, still I press on, heedless of my uncanny situation. I kept running and running until I caught sight of my reflection in one of the mirror-like glasses of a building. I came closer…

“Eren.”I mumbled before myself, before Eren. I was seeing Eren in my reflection.

Then, that’s when it happened. An earsplitting roar replaced all of the noise in that place and I knew then, the awful aftermath.

“Aaaaaaahhhhhh!”

“Hey. Brat.” I felt familiar hands grabbed my shoulders. “Hey Honey. Wake up!”

“No! Nooooooooo!” I struggled violently on my bed, trying to get out from my terrible nightmare.

Thank heavens… I woke up, bumping my head by accident with Levi who’s been shaking me in order to put me to absolute mindfulness. My heart was hammering in me as if it wanted to break out of my chest and my head was pounding together with it that I instinctively held my forehead and squeeze it tight before placing my hand on my chest and feeling my poor heart. Breathless as I can say, I still managed to give off a word as I gazed at Levi who seems not to care about our little yet painful for me collision a while ago.

“Sorry.”

He just looked at me vacantly for a few seconds and turned to the heap of cleaning supplies on the floor. “You made me drop all of these.”

“I’m sorry…”

“Don’t.” he sighed. “Just… Get out of bed and start cleaning.”

He then started picking up the things he’s so engrossed with and began folding the sheets of my bed after I jumped out.

“As I’ve recalled, I do have maids and butlers.” I said. “And as I’ve recalled also… this is like the nth time I’m telling you this. Levi. You don’t have to clean. Every Nook. And cranny. “

It’s been three weeks, almost, since Levi’s been living under the same roof with me. A lot has happened. Well… a lot has caused an amalgam of emotions for me…

His first week was a bit annoying for me because… well, it’s his first week in this world! I didn’t expect that the captain would be so… so infuriating as hell!? Well, I admit, it’s my fault to expect something else. I thought I would be able to stand him. I know him, after all, I’m one of his admirers yet I was mistaken to assume that I entirely know him. He’s not actually the main protagonist anyway.

Ok. I shall enumerate what he has done…

First off, he imposed me to clean rigorously despite the fact that I’m the master of this house. Second, he made someone cry… and not just someone but… he made Carrie, my personal maid, cry. Carrie is sensitive and she’s not used to harsh words and Levi… I think it’s already understandable. He insulted the modern world and ridiculed the people when I informed him about things.