Prologue

He’s so little of a man. I mean, he’s just the same with me. Our heights don’t contradict that when he glances at me, our eyes would meet directly. Parallelism on both of us is undoubtedly obvious, so obvious that often times respect would slip my mind. My questionable respect to him, that is.

It didn’t immediately occur to me that it’s been months ever since that portal opened. I can’t believe that it would be over soon, the overlapping of our world with the most engrossing anime television series last 2013. Guess what is it? Jaeger!!!

Shingeki no Kyojin or Attack on Titan held me in captivity of addiction. The story would haunt me every minute, every day and it would disturb my dreams in my sleep. I would re-watch the entire series and re-read the manga online just to satisfy myself and feel complete. Time also came when I made an attempt to go to Japan and ask the ever so awesome Hajime Isayama about his masterpiece that lifted my curiosity but it didn’t happen for contentment came to me when that peculiar lightning storm visited our place. (And besides, I do not fancy such spoilers.)

It was 4:13 in the morning to be exact and a 21-year-old girl who is a student at a particular university still didn’t bother to sleep, for in accordance to her, she was still reading something that seems to be her all-time favorite manga throughout. And that girl, with a rather mixed culture heritage, is, no other than the protagonist of this fan fiction, Honey Bea Drew. Me.

Now, as the clock ticks on, while my computer and my eyes are still on a date, it started raining cats and dogs complete with the photo shoot and the background thunder that triggered my irritation for distractions. I went to the window to check the phenomena outside, and just as I was about to yawn, a colossal lightning flashed right before my eyes that caused me to wince in horror.

“#@*=!?!”

I stepped back tremulously, my heart racing fast inside my chest, jaw-dropped until, I finally managed to retrieve myself. I waited for the next thunder, staring at the clock and hearing the rain continue to pour outside but, the awaited sound oddly never roared and the ticking noise of the clock was no more to be heard of. They never returned after that certain lightning struck.

“Strange…” I whispered before proceeding to my fangirling.

Several minutes passed (I think) and my clock seems to be still frozen in time. I decided to check my watch and my phone at last and to my surprise, they are all similar. Puzzlement started in me at the same time, slumber also began subduing my inner consciousness. I subsequently gave up and crawled under the comforter of my bed to my fluffy pillows where I rested my head after putting the source of my flushed cheeks to sleep. It shut down before me. (Sighed)

The downpour gradually became weaker when I woke up, disturbed. What felt like hours were just a couple of peaceful minutes of a power snooze. A noisy ruckus that seems to be coming from downstairs was the sole cause of my awakening and that, I resented. I abruptly got out of bed out of adrenaline for the shameless trespassers or “trespasser” just went berserk that made me decide to check the matter myself. In stealth mode, I went downstairs with caution, ready for any moment to attack with my wooden sword like of a kendo student. P.S. I’m not one and do not ask why I have such a thing.

It suddenly got reticent when I reached the room where the crash originated, specifically the main dining room. Darkness still lingers as I turn the doorknob quietly with nervousness, ignorant of what may happen behind this barrier of boards. When I finally get through without making even a single sigh or breath, a shocking scene startled me that I figured out what the commotion earlier was all about. Indeed, it was a trespasser, a thief perhaps…