Gaius's Daughter

Matilda PoV
I love living in Camelot it is such a beautiful place. And with my father being physician to King Uther. I live in the castle, who wouldn't want to live I a castle. The should of a carriage races pasted me as I walked back to my chambers from collecting flowers. Startled I looked up to notice a creepy man in all black guiding a cart with a human sized cage on the back. He looked right at me a a sickening smirk appeared on his face. Once he had passed I sprinted to my father room. "Father" I yelled as I ran inside. Only to see him speaking with Uther the king. "I'm sorry sire" Uther just smiled at me. Uther  was rather fond of me. Surprising I mad him smile, I think he likes how much I remind him of my father. "Not to worry Matilda we are finished." Uther assured before he left closing the door behind me. "Father who is our guest? What's going on?" My father sighed. "Uther has summoned a witch finder" he explained, this is not good. "But father You and Merlin....." I trailed off feeling tears in my eyes at the though of losing either one of them. My father hugged me "do not worry Matilda, we shall be fine and no harm will come to you." I didn't have magic like my father, my mother must have not had any. "Father if anything happened to you I could not cope." I confessed.

I accompanied my father and Merlin done through the lower town. I did not know where we were going but knowing the witch finder is here I'm afraid to leave my father. "Gaius isn't it?" I voice called from behind us. Strangled I jumped round to see the witch finder himself, Adrien. "I never forget a face" he looked straight at me making me back away behind Merlin and my father afraid of the man I front of us. "And you must be Matilda." I looked down trying to hide from him he just laughed at me. "You are physician now I hear. You always had a thirst for knowledge." Adrien spoke down to my father and I did not like him. "Scientific knowledge" was my fathers reply "of course" Adrien looked at me again with the same sickening smile. My father made a excuse for us to leave. But my gaze stayed locked on Adrien as fear grew within me. "Matilda." My father called while Merlin grabbed my arm. I know he is up to something and whatever it is it can not be good for us.