Chapter one: (Annie's P.O.V)

'Hi, my name is Stephanie Parks, and this is my journal.'

"I found it!!!! At last i finally found the journal!" I scream as I ran down the stairs, away from the attic.

"John! It was in the attic all along! Now we can find out what really happened to mom!" I tell my brother as i enter the kitchen where he was making us lunch.

"Are you serious, Annie? Lets start reading it!" He says as we walk to the couch.

Two years ago, on July 7, 2028, we were told mom died in a car accident, but we never believed it, because we wouldn't be here if they actually found her body. See my mom always carried this journal with her, the one Im holding right now, wherever she went. Also she told us that if anything happened to her, to find the journal and read it, but to never share its secretes unless it was absolutely necessary.

"Do you think we'll find anything about dad? About why we are being chased?" I ask.

"Only one way to find out..."

See, our dad went missing as soon as he found out about mom, and that's around the time they started chasing us. We've been in hiding ever since, but went back home to look for the journal.

"Lets go back to the campsite, it isn't safe here." John says while getting up. Nodding, I follow him out.

"We're back!" I announce as we enter the cabin. Yep, we found an abandoned cabin in the woods, pretty convenient right?

"Did you find it?" Hillary asks, the rest behind her. We are eight in total, hiding for the same reason, four boys and four girls.

"Yep." John answers, going to her side, did I mention they are dating? My best friend and my brother, pretty cliche if you ask me. The reason everyone wanted us to find the journal was simple, it holds the key to everything that's happened.

"Ok everyone, gather around, it's story time" Chase announced. Hilary and John sit on the couch, while I sit on a chair. Chase, Sammantha and Ivory sit on the floor, and Aaron decides to sit on the arm rest on the couch.

I open the journal and began reading for the second time, "Hi, my name is Stephanie Parks, and this is my journal."