Rainbow connections

The league had finished, and they had a three week break before heading off for international duty. Lucy had won everything there was to win with Lyon this season and she couldn't be more excited to get back to england. The day after they lifted the trophy, she flew to Manchester. She could finally see Keira again in person, instead of just on FaceTime.

Lucy arrived at Keira's house, but before even saying hello to Keira, she dropped her bags in the corridor and started rolling on the floor with Narla. Keira couldn't help but smile, she knew how much Lucy loved and missed the white ball of fluff. She went and kneeled down next to the dog and her girlfriend, smiley as anything. Lucy just took one look and that was enough, the kissing began.
'Omg ewwww, get a room you guys!'
'Georgia? Olly? What are you two doing here?' Lucy turned around, all confused.
'I asked them to look after Narla and the house whilst we're not here Luce, don't worry, they didn't just break in.' Keira answered a very concerned Lucy.
They all burst out in giggles and had a quick drink before saying their goodbyes.
Keira and Lucy argued over who was driving for about 5 minutes, just stood on the driveway. Keira ended up doing it in the end, because she always knew how to win against Lucy.
After a long 4 hours of driving and many stops because Lucy kept wanting a snack, they finally arrived outside Jordan and Leah's.
'Hurry up and get in you two!' Lucy shouted at their best friends.
'Where's Stan?' Leah and Jordan say in unison, as usual.
Keira updates the girls that Lucy Staniforth (Stan) will meet them at their hotel as she left a bit earlier on the train.

The four girls finally got to their hotel on Brighton seafront ready for the biggest pride weekend, in a city they all felt they belonged. They were just unloading the car when Lucy felt someone come up from behind her and give her a huge hug. Stan. Lucy turned around and returned the hug to her all time best friend, another woman she missed massively since moving to France.
They grabbed their stuff and went and checked in. Once they'd figured out their rooms and got it all sorted, the girls reunited in the bar for a drink. The night was full of laughter, but they wanted to go to bed fairly early due to wanting to be up early and the long day of travelling.

The next morning
'RISE AND SHINEEEEE!' Keira shouted in Lucy's face to wake her up before pulling open the wardrobe doors to discuss what to wear.
'Omg yes Luce you have to wear that, you look so fit!'
'Fineeeee'
'Omg no way are you wearing that Kei, you can't, not today anyways'
The two of them rolled around on the bed in fits of laughter, realising how much they enjoyed each other's company.
'LUCE HAVE YOU REALISED THE TIME? WE ARE MEANT TO BE MEETING THE GIRLS DOWNSTAIRS IN TWO MINUTES!'
'You're the one that's been distracting us!'
They burst into laughter again before grabbing their bags and running out their bedroom door.

They'd finally made it to the park where everything was taking place after getting lost about 10 times.
The five girls got their face painted, bought multiple multicoloured items from stalls to wrap round themselves and danced for hours.
'Hey Luce, imma go get food I'm starving, Leah, Jordan you coming?'
Leah and Jordan looked over at Keira and nodded.
'Alright Kei, cya in a bit'
The two Lucy's just sat there laughing the time away, talking about all their memories and coming out to each other.
'Oh how's Laura (Stan's girlfriend for anyone who don't know) by the way? Didn't she wanna come down?'
'Laura's perfect, as always *she winks and they giggle*, nah she would've loved to, but she didn't feel great so she felt it was best to stay at home, I wish she cane though, pretty boring being a 5th wheel aha. How's the whole Wonze thing going? Yano with you being in France n all'
'Oh Stan, it's still going great. We literally FaceTime for about 4/5 hours per night, non stop making each other laugh. She's perfect, I can't even describe her in words, she's everything I've ever wanted and I'm so glad I'm able to experience a moment like this with her.'

Meanwhile over at the food wagon
'Girls, I don't know what to do. Things between me and Lucy just don't feel the same at the moment and I can't work out why. I never want to see her sad though because she'll always mean the world to me'
Leah and Jordan looked at each other in shock and tried to think of something to say.
'I dunno Kei, you know how much she loves you, you mean the world to her!' Jordan said, unsure if that was the right thing to say.
'Yeah, she does love you Keira, but at the same time I want MY best friend happy, more happy than her because you mean the world to me.' Leah voiced her opinion on the situation, no matter how harsh it sounded, her and Keira had always a special bond.

Back on the field
Lucy looked at her watch and began to wonder where her girlfriend and friends were.
'God they're taking their time, how much food do they want?' Stan joked.
'As long as they bring enough back for me!' Lucy replied, looking at Stan, giggling.
Just as she said that, they appeared almost out of nowhere. Keira had an unusual look on her face, one that not even Lucy had seen before, nor workout what it meant. And then it dropped to serious. Lucy began getting worried about what was to come, and she had every right to be.
'Lucy, we need to talk.'