2.4

"do you think she'll be okay?" maria hears muffled voices speak. she couldnt make out who it was nor could she flutter her eyelids open. they were too heavy.

"i guess so, we were expecting for her to wake up right around now but i guess she didn't." she hears an old voice speak, assuming it was the doctor.

"i-i can't believe this happened," a deep yet fragile voice stuttered. maria heard him whimper and a voice trying to calm him down.

what happened?

maria tried moving a little, but her body was too weak.

"m-maria!" she heard someone rushing towards her. and then she felt fingers entwining with hers. her body immediately relaxed, but she still couldnt open her eyes.

"baby," the person sobbed. it was obviously a guy. but who the hell was it? the voice didn't ring a bell at all.

"mr. irwin, we're going to have to escort you and your friends out the room." the doctor said calmly as he called for the nurses to check up on her. marias eyes widened. that name was strangely familiar, but she had no idea whos it belonged to.

"w-who are you?" maria choked out, pulling her hand away. ashton stared back at her in shock, confused to what was happening.

"i-im ashton, dont you remember me?" ashton's tears fell down her cheeks. he couldn't believe this was happening. it was way too unrealistic for it to happen.

"i d-don't remember," maria said uncomfortably. her eyebrows furrowed in confusion. she was beyond puzzled.

"w-what?" ashton angrily spat. he then looked at the doctor for some answers. "why the fuck doesnt she remember me?"

"mr. irwin, im afraid she's suffering memory loss,"