1.8 | pathetic jerk

———

———

I was debating whether to just go to sleep or trying to call Kio and ask him to explain everything.

Without realizing, I dialed his number, I stares at the green button. "Fuck it."

I clicked it, and put the phone on my ear, waiting for him to pick it up. And to my surprise, he picked it up. He was ignoring my texts and calls for days, and he thought now is the good time to answers it?

"Hey, Isabel. What's up?" Wait, it was not him.

"Put that pathetic jerk on the phone." I snapped. Maybe it was bad idea to call him. But I need the answers to my questions.

"Uh, well, he said he will come back and speak to you tomorrow."

I scoffed, "I don't care if he's coming back tomorrow. I need to speak with him now."

I heard noises coming from the phone, and soon, the voice that I missed so much was speaking, "Ives?" I miss his voice but at the same time, I really don't want to hear his voice. What's wrong with me?

I should stop, what matters to me the most right now is the answers, not him. I took a breathe deeply, and exhales. "Kio."

"You heard the news from the boys, didn't you?"

I was close to breaking down. But I keep it in. Now is not a good time. "Explain." I said sternly.

"I'm sorry, Isabel. I know I've hurt you deeply."

"That's not what I wanted to hear, Kio. I wanted to know if any of what we had ever real? Or was it only me and it was just game for you?"

"I—" he trailed off. I'm about to break down if we don't end the call soon.

"When you said, 'I'd do anything to prove to anyone that what we have is real'.....was it just a joke to you?" My voice cracked at that. I heard Kio cursing on the other line.

"I'm sorry, Ives . Please don't cry, I'm not there to hold you." He actually sounds concern. That's funny. He's a good actor. I mean he's been playing with me this whole time and I didn't even realize.

"I don't need you to hold me, Kio. I don't even want to see your face. So please don't come tomorrow."

"Ives, please. I really—"

"No, Kio. Listen. You remember the day of our first kiss?"

"Yes...what about it?"