"So... Zaroho, did whip me, multiple times. I have scars to show." I expect him to continue talking and telling his story, but he thinks it's a good idea to play preschool again. Not just tell, but show to.

Kase lifts up his shirt. On his back, numerous scars line his muscles and bones. I cover my eyes. I have two reasons why.

The scars look pretty bad.

KASE IS SHIRTLESS RIGHT NOW! NO WAY AM I LOOKING!

I catch a glimpse at Sabrina. Her eyes are wide open.

"Sabrina!" I scold.

"What!? I was just looking at the damage Zaroho can do!"

I roll my eyes. "Oh yeah, that's the only reason why?"

"Yes!" she answers, but I can see her cheeks flare up in embarrassment.

"Oh, Sabrina, you really are insane."

Thankfully, to stop my refusal to look and Sabrina's refusal to admit defeat and embarrassment, Kaidri interrupts.

"Well, Cody, let's not get everyone distracted by looking at your bare torso, shall we?" She violently yanks his shirt back down.

Then she gives Sabrina a look. Sabrina blushes more.

"Of course," Kase concludes. He finishes up his story. "So, as I was saying, after Zaroho hit me and left all those scars... hey, you all saw the scars, right?" He starts to lift his shirt up again without an answer. I cover my eyes again. But peek them open again when I hear no gasps.

Kaidri is glaring straight at Kase.

"Cody, that's all right. We all saw your scars. In fact, we've seen enough. No, not just enough, too much! So please... enough with being shirtless for once! That's an order! Get on with the story!"

Surprisingly, Kase doesn't blush. He sighs. Either he really wants everyone to see the damage Zaroho can do, or he really likes being shirtless. I hope it's the first one.

"So, after Zaroho hurt me, he went after my family next. In the early years of my life, I thought I didn't have family. It turns out my parents and little sister were murdered when I was young. That was before Zaroho had found me and raised me. But anyway, I thought I was all alone. But I actually had family! My cousins and aunts and uncles were still alive! And I found out, I had another little sister. But the happiness didn't last long. Because they were Zaroho's next targets to lash his anger out on.

"I didn't get to them fast enough. When I finally found them, they were tied to poles, gashes in their faces, sides and basically everywhere. Their heads were down, and they were drooping. All but my little sister were there. After staring at them for a while, I realized that they were dead. There was nothing I could do to save them. At first, I thought my little sister was safe, since she had not been there with the rest of them. But as I was walking along the road, I found her, a knife stabbed into her little chest. I only got to meet her once." Kase stops.

I hear sniffles behind me. Sabrina.

"Oh, stop being so emotional," I hiss to her. She nods, wiping her eyes.

"So I tried to find someone who could stop Zaroho for good. I will never forgive him for what he has done to my family. I am forever to have one goal. To destroy Zaroho for all the damage he has caused. And if you allow me to, I would like to join you, so I can help you stop him."

Since Kase is no longer speaking, the crowd erupts into whispers and chatter.

Kaidri breaks the rising noise.