"Sabrina's..." I start to say. Adelaide shoots me a blazing fireball. I gulp. "What I meant to say was... Brina was right! Our phones are like, so old fashioned! Don't you agree?" I stumble over my words. Gee, who knew it'd be so hard to go to a birthday party?

"Absolutely! All the phones poor people get are like, found in dumpsters and stuff! Duh!" Adelaide claims.

"What kind of phones are uh, those types?"

"Oh, you know, all those iPhones, Samsungs, anything that's not mine of course!" Of course, I think blankly. So that means Adelaide refers to us as "poor people." Great. Absolutely fantastic. That's so endearing!

"Hey, you wanna do something?" I ask, trying to get away from Adelaide.

"Sure!" Sabrina says, jumping off the stone wall.

"Hold up!" Adelaide exclaims. I groan to myself. "Let me come!" Her voice rings out against ours. I groan again.

"On second thought, I really have to... I really have to..." I trail off.

"You really have to what?" Adelaide gazes into my eyes. I mouth, Sabrina, and wait for an answer.

"We have to go to the bathroom!" Sabrina continues. She glances at her bare wrist and says, "Oh! Haha, look at the time! Let's go find the restroom, Christi...ine." I nod a little too vigorously for comfort.

"Yeah! Well, see ya, Adelaide!" Adelaide gives us a questioning look, on account of our maniac fail to escape her clutches.

As we walk away as fast as our feet can carry us, I turn to Sabrina and hiss, "Why'd you bother to 'look at time'?"

"Well could you have done better?" she snaps.

"Fine, sorry. Thanks, Brina." I snicker.

Sabrina throws her hands up in the air. "Stop with the name-calling already! Christine..." I roll my eyes, then ask,

"So, where's the bathroom?" Sabrina throws her head back and laughs.

"Well, it was your plan!" I snap. She looks away, giving me my own feeling of triumph.

"Well, I'm sorry," she answers. "But I wasn't the one who... who..." Ha! She can't come up with a comeback! I smile slyly to myself while Sabrina looks around, desperate for something to say.

"I wasn't the one who bought Adelaide a $30 phone case! I mean, come on, Christi! A phone case? Adelaide probably has millions of those!" I narrow my eyes.

"Fine, you win. Let's just find the bathroom." She nods, and we walk towards the house.

"Hey, is your mom still here?" I ask Sabrina. She shrugs.

"Maybe. Yours?"

"Not sure... maybe." She flashes me a grin.

"You think she can take us back home?"

"I wish! My mom wouldn't want us to leave a chance to be more social. Plus, we need to find our necklaces."

"Well, they aren't even real! What's the deal? If they aren't real, then why do we want them?" I stop there.

"I, I, don't know." I really don't. It's too confusing. Something inside of me just wants to find the necklaces.

"I know!" cries Sabrina. "Let's ask Lupo and Skifter!"

"Shhh," I whisper. "You don't want someone to hear that, right?"

"Hear what?" Oh, joy. Adelaide. Stalker! I want to cry out. But I don't. Cause no one wants to be on Adelaide's bad side. No one whatsoever. Believe me!