"Anyone?" I call, hoping for a response, but yet again, I get nothing. I sigh. Just when I had finally gotten Christi back! I hope they can find me. Out of the corner of my eye, I see the door shift.

"Somebody there?" I whisper. The door moves a little further. I slowly scoot back against the wall. Just then, the door swings open fully. Kase and Christi hurry in, hurriedly shutting the door behind them.

"What? How did you get in?" I whisper-shout.

"I stole the key from the guard who moved you," Kase explains, grinning. I roll my eyes, but happy nonetheless. "I was thinking that we could escape tomorrow," Kase suggests.

"Really?" I ask surprised. My gaze catches Christi's and I rush up and embrace her. I don't care what Kase thinks. We're going home! This time, it's Christi who yawns.

"Oh, is little Christi tired?" I say, imitating what she said to me. She glowers at me. This time Kase doesn't join in but merely smirks. Humph. I feel a yawn crawling up my throat, and I try hard to push it down. I grin at Christi.

"I guess we could all take a nap," I suggest. They agree, so we all try to get comfortable. Let me tell you, it's not as easy as it sounds! But soon, Kase and Christi are snoring up a storm, and I'm left to wallow in my thoughts. I want to sleep, though. I'm gonna need to be well-rested for when we escape!

Eventually, I manage to close my eyes and get them to stay that way, at least for a bit.

🎔

A streak of grey flashes past me. I whirl around, trying to find the source. Whoosh! It's a blur, running in circles. But what is it? It stops abruptly, right in front of me. A magnificent wolf stands there. It's bright, intelligent eyes bore into mine. Weirdly, I'm not frightened. It feels like I know it. Like we have met before, like we are old friends. Ever so slowly, I stretch my palm out and the wolf bends its head, and cautiously sniffs it. I feel the wolf's wet nose graze my hand, and I feel a tingle of, something. Something I can't explain. I step forward and get closer.

"What's your name?" I whisper softly. I don't expect it to answer, but I hear a voice reverberate in my mind.

"Lupo," a deep gravelly voice tells me. I jump a little in surprise, but try not to startle it.

"I'm Sabrina," I respond.

"I know," Lupo says. What? How does he know?

"How do you know that? What else do you know?" I question him.

"Well, I—"

I sit up, and sigh. I was so close to learning more! Why couldn't he finish? Oh wait, I woke up. I mentally smack myself. No duh! What else would have stopped him? I push the thought away, and try to get up. A rope stops me. What?!? How did this happen? I am... confounded. I glance over at Christi and, to my astonishment, she is tied up too! Just then, she starts to stir.

"Christi!" I shout, startling her.

"What?" she asks enervated and still half asleep. Wordlessly, I point to her bindings. She gasps.

"Who would do this?" She breathes deeply, astounded. I shrug.

"Who knows?"

"I know," a voice comes out of the shadows.

"Show yourself!" I demand.

"Okay, fine with me," the voice says, and out of the corner of the cell, Kase steps out. Christi and I gasp in unison.

"You!" Christi breathes. Kase smiles haughtily.

"Yes, me." He smirks.

"Why did you do this?" I ask, tears welling up in my eyes.

"Well, I can't tell you that, girls, sorry," he explains. Suddenly, I burst. I start to sob, big fat teardrops sliding down my cheeks.

"I trusted you!" I wail. "I told you everything there is to know about me! I thought you were my friend!" I finish, and promptly crumple to the ground like a used tissue, sobbing into my palms. Christi, then steps forward.

"Why did you do this? You hurt her, and frankly, I was just starting to trust you. But then this happens. Why do we deserve this?!" She shouts at him. I lift my hands away just in time to see Kase shake a little. Something flashes in his eyes. Something shifts.

"I am so sorry," he mutters. "I don't know what came over me." Christi cocks one eyebrow.

"Excuse me?" I am confused too. Kase sighs.

"Something happened, I don't know what came over me," he clarifies. I scoff,

"You really think we're going to buy that?" He shrugs.

"I swear, it was like a force. Making me do these things," he tells us.

"Yeah, right," Christi sneers.

"Honest, I'm telling the truth!" Kase exclaims.

I don't believe him though. He betrayed me, and he broke my trust. That is something that is not easily repaired.