Marvolo sighed. "Why does Nagini seem to favour you, even when you are so clearly in the wrong?"

Rose smirked. "You know, there is an old Arabic proverb. It was attributed to a prince who was betrayed and decapitated by his own subjects. You might know it. It says that my enemy's enemy is my best friend."

Marvolo stared at Rose, a frown evident on his face. "Nagini is not my enemy."

"Maybe not in public," Rose stated, smiling widely in a teasing manner. "But she has always held a slight grudge against you for apparently not letting her eat the rat... Whatever that means." Rose shrugged. "At least that's what she keeps telling me."

Marvolo glared. "I hate you."

Rose dimpled. "I love you too, Mr Sunshine."

"Maybe I should just make the prisoners talk to you for a few hours." Marvolo mused. "The Crucatious would be a mercy in comparison."

"Aww..." Rose cooed. "Thanks, Marvolo."

------> 0o0 <------

10:02 am - The Main library, Slytherin Manor:

Marvolo and Rose had made it a habit to spend two hours in the morning in the main library together after breakfast since later Rose would be busy studying and learning pureblood traditions and etiquette and Marvolo would be busy taking over the world.

"Romeo and Juliet is wonderful isn't it?" Rose sighed dreamily, looking up from the worn book that she has read one too many times.

"It's stupid," Marvolo said shortly, not looking up from his own book that was about Accidental Magic.

Rose huffed. "You're stupid."

"They both die in the end." Marvolo continued. "They weren't in love, they were attracted to each other. They were teenagers who were primarily ruled by hormones. Everything that happens in the book occurs within the course of a few days."

"That's the point, Marvolo!" Rose exclaimed happily. "His eyes connected with hers, and at that moment they knew that they were meant to be together. Neither of them could stand the thought of being without each other, so they decided that in death at least, they could finally be with each other."

"It is still stupid," Marvolo commented.

"It is romantic." Rose corrected, emphasising her tone of voice. "It's sweet and adorable. The way Shakespeare has woven the words is magical."

"Spells are magical," Marvolo said. "Hexes, curses, rituals, alchemy, potions, transfiguration, charms-"

"Those are all a different kind of magic." Rose interrupted. "This -the kind I am talking about- is the kind of magic that can only be felt by one heart to another, and be spoken with only the glances of eyes. This is a different kind of magic- what I believe is the purest form of magic- love. To love a person, Marvolo, is to see all of their inner magic and to remind them of it when they have forgotten." Rose said, speaking in an air of wisdom.

"Nobody can forget magic, Rose," Marvolo said pointedly.

Rose huffed with a slight roll of her eyes. "You are missing the point, Marvolo. I can't exactly explain this to you, it is different for different people. Someday, you'll understand, I'm sure of it. And then, I will finally be able to say 'I told you so!'"

Marvolo rolled his eyes. "On a more important note, I'll be gone for a few hours after lunch. Walden McNair will babysit you in that duration."

"I don't need a babysitter!" Rose screamed angrily.