Raising Hell Part 2

Charlotte pulled at the curls in her long hair, and at the tight dress as she walked up to the club's entrance with Clary and Jace. This was not her element, standing in line next to drunken idiots or idiots who were waiting to get drunk. 

"Alec and Izzy are securing the perimeter." Jace informs the girls. Charlotte kept to her own while the shadowhunters discussed business. The only reason she was there with them, she knew, was because they couldn't trust anyone else around her. 'Protect the mundanes', she knew Jace would say.

"Are you sure this is a good idea?" Clary asks him. "Last time we were here, this place was crawling with vampires." The idea made Charlotte shudder, multiple vampires around her again. Perhaps she had better chances with Simon back at home. Surely her mom would be wondering where she was by now. Definitely not at a club that is for sure. 

Jace looks to his right down at  the mundane who froze in her steps. "Relax all Downworlders hang out here. We just came on vampire night." He says out loud, not to direct it to the girl he could tell was scared. 

"Right. And when is this all gonna sound normal to me?"

"I don't know." Jace replies to Clary with a light hearted tone. Charlotte turned her head seeing the siblings coming up towards them, Alec as if ready to go home at once. 

"All clear." He tells Jace. 

Izzy joins arms with Clary and beckons Charlotte over with her finger. Charlotte walked the few steps next to the brunette shadowhunter with all her power so she would not fall in the heels. "Better be worth it tonight. I hate this." She tells Izzy. 

"Trust me, I bet this night will be eventful." She says smiling. 

"Still does not sound good." 

"Do you think red's my color?" Izzy then asks, gesturing to the red necklace on her neck. When Charlotte saw the necklace, all she could remember is Camille. Her red dress and the face she made when she threatened her. The necklace was a beautiful piece of jewelry as if meant for Izzy.

"Iz, with a body like yours everything's your color." Clary answers. 

"Good point. Damn I make this necklace look so good."

"Probably better than the leech." Charlotte comments causing Izzy to chuckle.  Camille didn't look like she could love anything near her. After seeing what she did to her brother, she couldn't see this woman in any positive light, unless it was daylight. 

"Charlie." She could hear around her. None of the shadowhunters to her right were looking in her direction. Alec and Izzy quarreled like siblings should and Clary and Jace minded their business towards the line. "Charlotte." 

Charlotte looked around her as she walked slowly forward with the rest of them closer to the entrance. Whispers filled her ears and her eyes could only see a fancy suit accompanied by cold eyes. She gasped seeing the figure behind her. 

"Charlie." Another voice repeated, louder and more confused. Charlotte turned back to see Clary with a concerned look on her face. Clary never saw her friend look so scared before. She knew it wasn't good to drag her friend into her mess, but not only was it safer for her but Clary needed Charlotte by her side. "Are you okay?"

"Come on, mundie." Jace says as the shadowhunters kept going. Charlotte silently rushed inside with Clary on her tail. 

"Charlie, is something wrong? You can tell me. I know you're uncomfortable, it won't be long." Clary continued. 

"I'm fine, Clary. Really. Don't worry." She assures her best friend. 

Alec and Izzy branch off as Charlotte accompanies Jace and Clary towards the warlock. She stands closer behind the two shadowhunters as Jace calls Magnus' attention.