Pilot Part 2

"Well I am happy to be the first and surprised cause it looks like you act like an ass to a lot of people." She reaches forward for her bag and he drops it into her hand.

"Maybe it's because I'm devilishly handsome. Or because I'm the owner of this club. And you look like you don't belong here." Charlotte cursed herself. Of course she found herself insulting the owner of the club her brother was trying to get drinks in and her best friend got lost in. Anxiety reached its hands onto her shoulders making her wonder all the what if's. What if he kicked her out? What if she couldn't find her friends? What if the owner kept her here and realized her fake ID was crap? "You don't look like a fan of clubs I mean."

"Oh." She found her breath caught in her throat, her eyes wide. 

"Did you come here with somebody? I assume it wasn't your choice."

"No. My friends dragged me here cause they wanted to waste their time." She paused adding, "My legal friends, as am I. Legal to drink, to be here, I mean." The warlock gave a little smirk and chuckle at the small mundane. 

Charlotte was confused as to why she was staying in conversation with the man. 'Right, my book,' she thought, 'he still has it.' "So can I have my book and I will get out of your lovely hair. Your hair. It's nice, not that I'm saying it's not lovely. I'll leave you alone, I'm saying." 

A rush was taken over by Charlotte as she then was being whisked away by the charming owner and bright red hair was in her face.

"Clary, what the hell?!" Clary looked bewildered causing Charlotte to wonder what the hell Clary has been doing.

"We have to go now." Clary looked back and her eyes made contact with the man her best friend was talking with. His eyes had deep hooks, a memory of the man with cat eyes flashed and then she shook her head of the memory, her grip tightened and she continued to drag Charlotte out of the club ignoring Charlotte's brother and Maureen who had managed to get drinks for the four of them.

"Not that I'm complaining about leaving the club, cause I'm not, but why did you want to leave suddenly?" Clary didn't answer her, instead she ran to the cab that was right in front. "Clary, what are you doing? Are you on drugs? Did someone get you drunk?!" 

"Lady, is your friend coming with or not?" The driver asks tiredly.

"She's coming," Charlotte answers opening up the door and shoving herself into the cab next to Clary. "Clary you're starting to scare me, did somebody do something to you? I was talking to the owner, I could have told him and we could have messed the guy up-"

"No, none of that, Charlotte. I need to get home. You don't even want to know what I saw in there." Charlotte didn't reply but looked forward, away from the shocked red head. Street lights shone in the cab once in a while, Charlotte couldn't help but glance over at Clary every once in a while. She had no clue what Clary confronted in the club and it terrified her that Clary wanted to leave so suddenly.

Once the cab approached Clary's home, Clary became a speeding bullet, Charlotte had never seen the red head go so fast. "I'm so sorry. How much is it?"

"30 dollars."

"30?" She yelled. The cab driver kept a straight face, no budging. "Fine. Here's your 30. Have a wonderful night sir of scamming young girls." She got out slamming the door and turning to see that Clary was already through the wide open door.

"Clary wait up, you know I don't run fast!" Charlotte called for her friend. She growled in frustration, pushing her glasses back up and adjusting her tied up hair. "Do not yell at her, she's messed up that's all. Someone probably gave her something. No biggie." She continued up the steps of the home."