Raising Hell

The memories of the Hotel DuMort still were able to wrap themselves around Charlotte's mind. Every time she thought about something else it was like it seeped in. The smell of blood on her lips, the look of sadness in a vampire's eyes. Yet, she couldn't piece it all together. The puzzle of what happened that night was no where near solved by the rambunctious girl.

Just as Charlotte was haunted by memories, so was her shadowhunter friend, Clary. Charlotte watched as the red head tossed and turned, her locks falling into her face.

"Should I wake her up?" Simon asks with uncertainty. 

"Simon, No. Don't they say not to wake people when they're having nightmares?"

"I thought that was sleepwalking." 

"I don't know." As the siblings bickered Clary shot up from her bed. 

"Hey, it's okay. I'm here. You're safe." Simon says to her. 

"Jace?" Clary sighed out in relief. 

"What?" Charlotte and Simon ask in unison. 

"Are you alright? You still seem kind of freaked." Simon continues. 

Clary exhales and shakes her head as if realizing the twins were really in her room.

"Simon. Charlie."

"I got you. You're okay."

"Must have been one hell of a nightmare," Charlotte jokes, "can relate." She lightly nods and sighs thinking about the nightmares that plagued her. 

"You have no idea. I was strapped to this piece of furniture and my mom was there. She kept telling this guy to protect me but then he reaches his hand out into my skull and ripped out my brain."

"Well that's a lot worse than mine, jeez Clary." 

"Hello, Freddy Krueger."

"Tell me about it." Clary runs her hand through her hair and looks at the twins who she recently saved from the vampires. Simon looked like he was getting over it but she could tell Charlotte would continue to think about it even if she was physically fine. "What are you two doing here anyway? Shouldn't you be in the infirmary?"

"Uh, I just really needed to see you. And Charlie was up already so she tagged along." Simon would question his sister about her nightmares later but kept quiet until they would be alone. Charlotte came over and sat on the bed with her brother and friend. Oh, how she would have liked to sleep even if in an unfamiliar place but even with her heavy eyes, she couldn't close them for long.

"I am so sorry that my messed up life put your in danger. Charlie got hurt. Charlie I'm so sorry."

"It's fine, don't worry, Clary." 

"And if you got hurt, Simon I couldn't live with myself. You two are all I've got left."

"Don't get me wrong, I'm totally grateful that your friends got us out before the vampires drained us like a Big Gulp." Clary gave a small chuckle as Charlotte just looked down at the bed. She started to play with the sheets that were on Clary's new bed, nothing like her old ones from her home like at their sleepovers. In the sheets here, Charlotte saw faces and memories.

She couldn't get Raphael's look out of her mind, the stranger and Camille walking up to her like prey. She would be extremely thankful to the shadowhunters who saved their lives before anything could seriously happen to either of the Lewis twins. "But how well do you know this Jace guy? Can you trust him?"

"Seriously, Simon." Charlotte sighed out in anger, bringing up her head to face her brother. "He just saved our lives he didn't have to do that."

Clary who had no idea of his real reason for questioning Jace answered honestly. "I think so. I mean he saved my life... and both of yours, Charlie's right."