•𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝕿𝖍𝖎𝖗𝖙𝖞•

Start from the beginning

"Yeah," I responded.

"That's cool as shit, me and my girl were thinking of adopting in the future."

"It's tough, but it's worth it." I said lowly.

"Him and this damn basketball.." I chuckled, eyeing the picture of Javier and that ball that seemed to follow him everywhere.

"I saw that, Yo boy ball and shit, he nice?"

"Hell yeah," I said confidently.

"His ass definitely won't end up here, no question ." I spoke, placing the photos back under my pillow.

"Yeah mines definitely won't make the same mistakes. They see where it got their dumbass daddy.." he sighed.

Everyone here was in the same position as me, faced with a life sentence and basically deemed worthless by the justice system.

This was a get out of jail free card for us all.

I hated it no doubt about that, but it was better than Jail, and at least with this tunnel there was a light at the end of it.

"Willard," I heard from a bit farther away from us.

"Yeah." I responded, looking ahead at the guy who called me.

Jason was his name, lil short white guy with a bad ass attitude. I don't know what he did but whatever it was definitely had something to do with his anger, and that was coming from me.

Apparently he'd been here the longest, he usually ran shit when it came to missions.

"Boss wants you up extra early tommorow, don't know what for." He spoke.

I sighed and nodded, "ight, thanks."

This time he nodded and carried on with his previous conversation.

"Let me get some sleep yo, I'll catch you in the mornin'." I groaned, dapping up Damien before laying back, throwing arm over my eyes and doing my best to sleep.

The bunks they gave us felt like the floor and no matter how much you slept on it you wouldn't get used to it.

Like every night, Joshua's image stuck in my mind as I tried to sleep.

When I was younger even though I was attracted to both genders I only ever saw myself spending the rest of my life with a female.

Joshua flipped that whole mindset on its head. He was the only person I could be with.

I physically couldn't see myself being with anybody else.

Sex wasn't even it, I wasn't even a spiritual ass nigga but he was my soulmate, I knew that.

I can say confidently he saved my life and sacrificed part of his own. I ain't deserve him, I knew that, but I couldn't live without him.

That was the most selfish part of me.

The other thing about being here is the moment you close your eyes, it felt like it was time to open the again.