Chapter 34: Scars

Catra's P.O.V

I ruffled my hair as I got out of the shower and put on my own black sports bra and gray shorts as I stepped out of the bathroom with the towel fluffing my hair.

"Hey Ador-." I began to speak but I noticed Adora was asleep. She was facing me as her nose was scrunched up and her head on her arms.

She looked so at peace with herself. She looked like she had no worries. Clearly she did. She had to be the best and look out for everyone. Look out for me. To be the perfect She-ra.

I sighed and threw my towel across the room and jumped onto the bed. I heard Adora mumble something while she was still asleep as she turned over. I didn't notice for a minute but then I turned towards her and saw what I had done to her.

Two scratches from my hands went down her back. "Damnit."

I heard myself mumble. I knew I had scratched her but not as deep as I was seeing.

Her sports bra was cutting one the scratches slightly. I thought to take it off but if she woke up she might think I was trying to do something to her. She doesn't need to worry about that. Not now. Not after anything.

I looked away from her back for a minute and started to think to myself again. I decided that I would take it off and not look. If she woke up and saw me looking away then she would know for a fact I was doing nothing I thought.

I slowly slipped it off and threw it to the floor. She didn't wake up. She moved a little bit but she hadn't woken up.

I let out a breath. I couldn't help but look at her back. "Why did I do this to you?" I said aloud, knowing she wouldn't hear me. I slowly traced around the scratches. They were still open. They hadn't healed through the course of the day.

I started to realize why she had been moving so awkwardly all day. The way she had leaned against the wall as I was trying to get Scorpia awake. Adora groaned and turned to face me with her eyes open. She had her arms on her chest but she looked at me like a deer in head lights.

"I know. And I'm sorry." I said while looking at my lap.

I felt tears rolling down my face. At that moment, I didn't even care.

"I'm sorry I did that to you. Its just i feel like you aren't safe with me. I hurted you and i don't want to do that ever."

I turned and saw Adora as she sat up. "Catra.." she grabbed my face and pushed her forehead to mine. "I don't care if you hurt me. Its you. I. Love. You. Nothing is going to change that. No matter what we go through or put each other through." I nodded as Adora kissed me passionately.

I felt her push herself into me. She wrapped her arms around me. I could feel her chest on mine. She was on her knees while sitting. I wasn't sure what to do. If I put my hands around her I could hurt her again without knowing. Adora pulled away and looked at me. She grabbed my hands and put my own arms around her. She smiled at me and kissed me once again. I had my arms through hers and on her shoulders.

We broke away from each other, out of breath. "See. You didn't hurt me." I smiled at her and pressed my head against hers once again.

I gave Adora a quick kiss as we each wrapped our arms around each other and dozed off to sleep.

That night, I had woken up in Adora's arms. I slowly slipped out of Adora's arms and got up to look in her old room.

I saw Scorpia and Lonnie on one side of the room and Rogelio on the other side in a bed by himself. Kyle wasn't in there.

I looked around the room and I couldn't find him anywhere. "Catra?" I jumped at the sound of my name. I turned around with my hands up in fists. It was Adora. I dropped my hands as Adora laughed at me.

"What are you doing?" She asked me through her laughter. "Kyle. He's not in there." I said to her. Adora's face dropped. She tried to look over me but I she couldn't see. I moved over and motioned for her to look too.

She shook her head saying she couldn't find him either. Adora gave me a look and nodded at me. "We have to look for him." She said to me. I shrugged saying, "I don't know. What if he's doing something that proves he can't be trusted? No one will trust the others either." I explained to her.

She nodded and put her finger to her mouth. She began to bite at the nail. "I don't know." She finally said.

"Come on let's go find him." I said to her and held my hand out for her. She grabbed it and walked with me. We looked in every room in that hallway. Kyle was nowhere to be found.

Adora and I got down stairs and we walked around the whole floor. It was completely silent.

We walked into the kitchen later and both had our elbows on the table. "What are we going to do?" "What if he went back to the Horde." I shook my head. "No. He wouldn't. Not after what Shadow Weaver did to him."

Adora nodded. "I think he's with Rogelio." "What?" Adora had completely said out of nowhere. "Why do you think that?" I asked.

"Well Lonnie kind of told me. She didn't really say it but I think she was trying to." I nodded. It did make sense.

Adora and I had both hurt a bang from behind me. We both turned to look and from the shadows, we saw Kyle. With food in his hands. "Yeah that's true." He said to us.

We both stared at him with our mouths open.

"What? I just wanted to get some food." He has said to us.