Chapter 23: What happened, Scorpia?

Catra's P.O.V

Adora and I sat in her room for a while. We were silent in thought ever since we had gone to see Scorpia.

"What did she mean?" I mumbled to myself. Adora turned to me and I felt her engulf me in warmth.

"Catra. I think something happened to Scorpia. That happened to us. Something similar I mean." Adora reasoned with me. I tilted my head from side to side and thought about it.

"We could ask her about-" "No." I cut in. "She is our enemy. We aren't supposed to care. We aren't supposed to feel bad." I said. Adora leaned back as she sighed. I shook my head, trying to reassure myself that I was right.

As much as I wanted to believe myself, I couldn't. I couldn't just say it didn't matter and not care. I did. Even if it was the tiniest bit.

"It's wrong." Adora said as she laid back on the bed we were sitting on. I fell back onto the bed as I laid next to her. "I know." I said back. Adora looked at me. I could feel her gaze.

"We have to do something." Adora said as she put her hand on my cheek. "I know. But what can we do?" I asked as I looked in her direction. As I did I saw her eyes dilate with my gaze on her. She's beautiful. "I'm not sure. But I know she needs to talk about it. She cant keep to herself. We could let her which would be the normal thing people would do for a prisoner, but that's inhuman. Even for her." I nodded at Adora's words.

She was right. She always knew exactly what to say. "I think I should talk to her. I feel like she'll open up to me more. Maybe. If not I'll call you in." Adora nodded and stroked my hand as I sat up. "Be careful." She said with a slight smile as she still laid back. I nodded as I got up and made my way to Scorpia's room.

I walked in and was greeted by Scorpia playfully saying, "Hey kitty." I cringed at the name she had given me. I knew there was no coming back from it. So I went with it.

"Hey Scorpia. I need to ask you some things." I said while sitting down in a chair in front of her.

She smiled and asked, "Without Adora? What happened to her? I thought she wrapped around your finger?" I shrugged and replied, "I'm the one asking the questions."

Scorpia shut up and say back at my words.

"What happened with Shadow Weaver? I know she did something." Scorpia looked down at her feet. She had a look of sadness on her face. Slowly I began to feel worse for her.

"Is she making you do this, by hurting you?" I asked. She looked up and opened her mouth and then shut it almost immediately. It was almost like she wasn't sure if she could speak to me or not.

"It's okay." I assured her. "We're alone. Nobody is going to hurt you. Just tell me the truth." I said looking at her. She let out a breath and looked back down.

"She-" Scorpia's breath hitched in her throat as she spoke. I leaned back in my chair with my elbows on me knees. "She uh, she did terrible, horrible things to us. Lonnie, Kyle, Rogelio. No one was safe. When I started to question if the 'two defects' she always spoke of may have been right in leaving she brought me to her chambers to.. lecture me." Scorpia said breathing heavily now as she thought about.

I leaned lower down in my chair. "What happened, Scorpia?" Scorpia shook her head whilst crying.

"She beat me. Mercilessly." Deep sobs came from her now. I felt anger boil in me. The fact that Shadow Weaver hasn't just hurt Adora and I but everyone we knew enraged me. "I would come out from her chambers covered in bruises and my own blood. The others asked about me and got the same treatment. We were all the others had."

Scorpia looked up at me. I got up from my chair and began pacing as I spoke to her of what Adora and I had gone through. "Shadow Weaver would beat Adora and I. Except she would erase Adora's memory afterwards with that thing she had Adora strapped up to when you kidnapped Glimmer. But with me, she just left me with the memories of the pain I went through. Adora just had no idea what had happened to her. And why she was sore all the time."

Scorpia opened her mouth to speak but no words came out. She realized what we had gone through was worse. The trauma Shadow Weaver has left on me was too much for a little kid. I was just glad Adora didn't have that much to remember. "We have to go get the others. As much as they may not like it, we have to get them out of there. They're in danger." I said facing away from Scorpia.

"Catra." She called out. I turned to look at her to see how wet her eyes were. "I'm sorry what she's doing to you. And what she did do. And I'm sorry for what I did to both you and Adora. I nodded and responded, "she was manipulating you. She did that to Adora and I had to watch. At least you realized it before she could really hurt you as bad as she did with us."

Scorpia nodded and sat back as she wiped her eyes.

I walked out of there trying to form a plan to get the others out of there. I realized how much Adora didn't know about what had happened to her and it hit me. Did she even realize what happened to her? I had to tell her. It all began with me running up those stairs to her. Then came out revenge on Shadow Weaver. All of us.