Chapter Seven

The past two weeks have been pure bliss. Marcus has treated me like royalty every second I'm with him. At moments I feel guilty because of Chris but I find myself pushing it to the back of my mind. When I'm with Marcus I don't feel so much pressure.

Marcus and I have bonded a few times with friends. And by friends I mean his loud ass pack of wolves and my girls. Last week Zhane, Keonte, Marcus, and I went out on a double date to the movies.I felt Keonte's gaze on me the whole time. Lately he's been kind of quiet around me. Usually he'll throw shade at me or clown like he's Kevin Hart. I've wanted to tell Zhane but I don't know how her reaction will turn out.

Marcus walked in a couple seconds later plopping himself at the edge of my bed with is iPhone 5s in one hand. I couldn't help but look at his body. He wore grey nike sweatpants, red jordan slides and a regular white shirt. His sleeve of tattoos were on display showing off each one. 

"What are you doing here? I thought you had a test?" I said.

"Proffessor wasn't there today. Finally she hoppin' off a nigga dick." I smacked my lips.

"You better be glad she care. Some teachers are waiting for you to mess up so you can fail. Have you went to practice already?" He rolled his eys and smiled.

"Dang I just came here to spend some time with my girl. How you doing this fine evening? Are you getting enough oxygen in this big brain of yours?" I giggled when he started pinching my cheeks and slapped his hands away. "Nah I'm just playing. Practice not until 3:00 and I currently have...26 minutes. Well I gotta go babygirl. I ain't trynna be a benchwarmer this season."

"That's what I thought. Bye boo" His quick pecks turned into our tounges coliding together raiding every space in between. He slowley towered on to me with both arms on the side of my head. He trailed his kisses from my ear to the middle of my stomach. Finally our lips came in contact once again. I flipped us over leaving myself straddling over Marcus. His fingers were pulling at the ends of my shirt. I stopped myself before things got carried away.

"Stop you have to go to practice." I said breathlessly. I'm still a virgin so the idea of sex was almost uncomfortable to me. It's not that I have trust issues with other people. I had trust issues with myself. I was afraid that Chris was ashamed of me because I was in a relastionship. I don't know why Chris wasn't ideal of me dating but it was starting to put a damper on me.

"Man..damn." Marcus stated. He understood that I wasn't ready to lose my virginity. The other day we were talking about sex and he told me he wasn't a virgin. I expected that to be his answer considering the fact we were in college.

Marcus removed his body off of mine and slid into his shoes. He pecked my lips once again. I walked him to the door hugging his torso  from behind.

"A'ight babygirl. Imma see you later" And with that he left.

I plopped myself on my comfy bed drifting into my thoughts. Thanksgiving break was coming up and I was mentally debating whether or not I should go home. I didn't want to be reminded why I left in the first place. I picked up my phone and dialed my mothers number. Immediatley I was greeted with her sly hello's.

"Oooh the stranger finally decided to pick up her phone." She stated. I rolled my eyes and replied.

"I've been been really busy with school mama. What y'all up to?"

"Nothing. I been trying to convince your daddy to go on a vacation to the Bahamas. But you know how his scary ass is afraid to fly." She laughed. "So you gone come home or what? We miss you down here. You know your cousin Jessica is pregnant. She said she wants you to host her baby shower. Oh and your uncle Leroy has been up to no good at these barber shops. The other day he beat somebody ass over stealing his clippers. And then Shirley from across the street had the nerve to tell m-" I wasn't about to listen to my mama talk about all of Dallas all day.

"Yes mama I'm coming home calm down. I think I'm going to start driving Sunday morning around 6 so I'll be home by Monday morning." I mentioned.

"Okay good baby. So how's college life? Are you having fun down there? I hope not to much fun. You know them boys ain't all fun and games." This is why I never called her often. If it wasn't one thing it was another.

"Yeah I'm okay mama dang calm down." I said trying to softly say it.

"Don't make me whoop yo ass when you get here!" She pressed.

"Mama I gotta go. My friend is asking for help in her room" I said trying to make an excuse to slip away from her tone. She's always thinking I'm trying to be 'grown'. To me that made no sense.

"Mhmm. I guess lil girl. Call me when you leave" She said.

"Okay bye, love you." I hung up. I really hoped no one brung up Chris' name while I was around. Everbody knew we were tight and every time we were all together somebody had the balls to speak about him. I was just hoping this time would be different.

A/N: Picture of Kiya is finally here & I just want to say thank y'all so much for even taking the time out to read my book. It means everything to me. AND PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU COMMENT / VOTE. -Monterria