Chapter Four

"Pleeeeease bae." Marcus held his lips right in front of my face. I giggled even more. He had been trying to force me to give him some 'suga' all night. "I just want to kiss you. gimmie some suga" he said as he pulled onto my waist. At that moment I stopped laughing. A man had never touched me in that way. It was the first time someone had ever heldme like that. My breathing hitched in my throat and I could feel my smile wearing away from my face. Marcus obviously sensed something was wrong because he let me go and took a few steps back. His smile was still there but it was growing straight but it was fading as our eyes came in contact. Thankfully people were walking down the hallway so I scratched my throat.

"So I guess this is goodnight." I said. This whole night has been alright I guess. I wasn't really planning to do anything other than studying. After my brief moment at the party we went to ihop, stopped by walmart to buy nothing but candy and stopped by his friends house to pick up something, so I was going to be extremley tired tomorrow.

"Nah, show me around. I want to see where bae laying her sweet head." I laughed. He had been calling me bae all night.

"Goodnight" I tugged onto my bag full of candy in his hands. He quickly pulled it back.

"Hold on, not so quick baby girl." As soon as he said that I coukdn't help but blush. The heat on my cheeks felt amazing. "Didn't I tell you I wanted some suga? Now stop playing these games and go ahead and lay it on me." I laughed. This nigga is crazy. I pressed two fingers against my lips and pressed them onto his. "Not what I was expecting but it's better than nothing. Mm cherry chapstick." he licked his lips once more.

"Well goodnight once again." I preesed my back against the door staring at Zhane. She stood with a sly smirk with her arms crossed over her chest. I rolled my eyes and sighed. "Not one word." I said.

"Oh not one peep from me. Nothing but a smile over here." She went on. "So did you have fun considering the fact it's 3:17 A.M." My eyes nearly shot out of my head. I didn't think I was out this late.

"Are you serious? Damn." Zhane must have been amused because she busted out laughing. "What's so funny?" I yelled.

"Girl boo. You acting like you went out and stole a car. You're such a rookie. Calm down boo. You'll be alright. Just chill out here tomorrow and I will pick up your work and copy down some notes you'll be good as new." She ruffled my hair.

After I settled down in my room I couldn't resist thinking about Marcus but all of a sudden my mind wandered off to Chris. Somehow it was always a way for him to pop up in my mind.

"So what else do you have to offer because I sure as hell don't want no cookies that taste like ass." Chris was looking through my catalog debating on what to buy. I was selling stuff for Girl Scouts. "Why don't you just pay for the trip? I mean selling these nasty as oatmeal rasin cookies and shit is not going to get you very far." He laughed. I didn't find it funny though.

"Man shut up and buy something! Mama said if I want something I have to work for it and I want to go to Seaworld!" Once again he busted out laughing.

"Look at you. You look like a damn nut." I looked down at my brown leather doll shoes, khaki skirt, white colar shirt and my green girl scouts sash that was full of various buttons of many activities I've accomplished. Just as I was about to go off on him all four of his friends approached us."Aye niggas. Y'all come buy something from her." Of course they bought bunches of junk.

"Now when is this gone be here lil mama?" I knew his name, Johnathan, because he was one of Chris' main homeboys.

"In like two weeks." I said with the most inncoent voice. Although I was 8, people treated me like I was four. I guess it was because everybody felt as if I was always protected and spoiled. Plus Chris had told everybody that I was his play sister. They all walked away while Chris walked me home.