Chapter Three

KIYA'S P.O.V

We were sitting at red light listening to Pills & Potions by Nicki Minaj. This whoe ride has been silent. Except when Marcus tried to ask me if was hungry or not. I kept telling him no but he insisted we eat so were on our way to IHOP. We entered the driveway and sat at a table. As we waiting on our waitress Marcus attempted to talk to me. Like I said I had very low patience and I was ready to go home.

"Look mister, I'm tired, I have a test in two days, and I don't feel like eating. So can you please take me home and stop bullshitting." He seemed to ne humored because his smirk was still resting on his face.

"Mister?" He chuckled. I rolled my eyes and sat back in my seat. The waitress approached us. She looked like she couldbe twenty-two, she had a big boobs and cheap red lipstick.

"Hello. What would you like to eat today?" She smiled

"Umm... let's see. I want blueberry waffles, two fried eggs, I'd prefer bacon please and a large cup of orange juice." He said happily. The waitress placed her notebook on the table and wrote down the order bending over to show Marcus her cleavage. I scoffed and looked away. Once she was finished she turned to me as if she were telling me to hurry up and order. I didn't say anything. "And my girl here would like a happy face pancake with a cup of coffee." he added. I could tell the waitress was a little taken back when he said girl but her suprised face went away quickly. Even though Marcus called me his girl she didn't care. She went to the back swaying her hips extra hard.

I couldn't stand females like her. They try to focus on the men's attention completley throwing their beliefs away. I wasn't trippin' though. I'm not the type to chasing for a nigga. If she wanted him she could have him.

"Petty." I mumbled

"Aww is somebody jealous? Don't worry it's enough of me to go around." He said with a baby voice.

"Nigga you must have lost your marbles." I shot back.

"But for real though I want to get to know you. Your beautiful and I want to know what the inside of you is like. Not physically but mentally." I hesitated before speaking. I told him all my basic information like where I was from, what activities I did in high school, what I like to do now.

He asked me about my past relastionships which I didn't comment on because one: I didn't have any. Two: That's none of his buisness. After I talked about myself for Thirty minutes he started talking about himself. He told me he was from Detroit, he played basketball then & now. His mother and younger sister our still back home. He never mentioned his father and I sure as hell wasn't about to ask him about it. We left the resturant and he took me back to my dorm.

He was cool and I felt a little bit of an attraction but I wasn't here to play games and fall in love. I couldn't let some silly little fuckboy mess up my future. Even though Chris was joking about me dating until I'm 35 I felt like I owed him something and I didn't want him looking down on me with dissapointment. I wanted to make him proud and show him that I accomplished my goals instead of playing house. He was the one who inspired me to better with my life. Before Chris died he had a baby on the way and he planned on moving out Dallas and getting a job, making a better life for himself and since he couldn't do it I'll do it for him.