Chapter Five

Marcus' Point Of View

Kiya had been on my mind everyday since the other night. I hadn't been to see her, and the party was a week ago. Kiya was gorgeous I'm not gone lie but she was diffrent. Something about her just made me want to sit and learn about her all day. I had been texting Kiya yesterday. She finally gave me her number that night even though she knew I was going to be blowing her shit up. From the way Kiya blocked me out, I knew she had a past and I wasn't going to ask her anything about it. Whatever and whoever from the past was none of my buisness. Just like I had things happen my past. I remember a lot terrible shit that has happened to me and it was a touchy subject for me. I'm sure she feels that way also.

I glanced at the clock on my dresser. Unlike Kiya I lived in an apartment right near Florida State that way I was close to school. I played basketball during the season which happened to be coming up.

My classes were about to begin so I started getting ready. After I showered I threw on my butter timberlands, light blue true religon jeans and a white shirt. I lived by myself so my apartment was pretty empty. I sped out of the parking lot eager to get to school.

School was the only place where I didn't feel like I had pressure weighing me down. Growing up in Detroit we had a minimum of education oppurtunities. Hell I was glad I even recieved a scholarship.

I left my mother and little sister back home. I was saving up for for them to stay somewhere her in Florida. My father died when I was three in a drug war. It sounds typical but it's true. He was one of the biggest drug dealers back then but some broke ass niggas broke in his trap house killing him in the process.

One of my cousins named Tre took over his spot and started controlling the game. He went back and killed the grimmy niggas who murdered my father. Tre was watching over my mama and sister for me since I wasn't there. He made me leave and go to college because he didn't want me to waste my life like all of the other niggas there including himself.

I pushed the door open to english class and sat by Stanley. He was cool and always had the hook ups to hacking stuff. After finishing my test I went to Subway to get me a 6-inch cause a nigga was starving.

Kiya's Point Of view

Zhane, Nicole and my other friend Kacee were sitting at a table in Subway talking about Zhane's relastionship once again. When I turned to see who walked in it was no one other than Marcus. He trotted his feet over to us and slid in the booth with me.

"Ladies how y'all doing?" He acknowledged them on the other side. "Babygirl?" The way babygirl slid out of his mouth made me blush even harder. We had been texting all week about random topics. Like the Aaliyah movie which he said sucked ass. We were on the phone laughing up a storm.

"Whassup" I nodded. Marcus and I didn't really talk. He just occasionally whispered sittle nothings in my ear. Nicole was sending looks my way as if she were saying 'girl get it'. After my girls left Subway Marcus decided to drive me back to my dorm. Of course trying to slip in my room but he knew it wasn't happening.

We found ourselves in the same position we were in the other day.

"So I gotta ask you a question. I want to know if I can take you out on a date tomorrow? You know because I like you and you-you cute and I'm not doing nothing a-and" I cut him off from his stuttering.

"Of course I would like to go on a date with you." I smiled. It seemed like he gained his confidence back because his sly smirk appeared on his face again.

"Good. Good. So yo fine ass better be ready by eight. Now give daddy some suga so I can go." I rolled my eyes and closed the door. "Love you too bae!" he yelled from the other side of the door. I could here his feet trot down the hallway until they grew quiet.

***The next Day***

"Man chill with that soft shit. I just lightly touched you!" he yelled. We were walking downtown taking in the scene. Marcus and I had been pushing eachother back and forth and I was about set fire to his ass. I started fake crying.

"That hurt you big bully" I pushed his chest.

"I'm sorry ma here let me see." He pulled my waist and I started under his arms. He was begging me to stop. We were having the best time just enjoying our time out. I began to bust out laughing. "You little faker!"

I laughed. "Faker? Is that all you got? And you pushed me!"

"Well I'm sorry babygirl. How can I make it up to you?" He wrapped his arm around my shoulder. He towered over me while we were walking the busy streets.

"Why do you always call me babygirl?" I loved when he called me babygirl, I just wanted to see what he was gonna say.

"Cause...I'on know man." I could see the nervousness creep up from the way his whole demeanor changed. His fingers started shaking and he began stuttering. "I guess I just have a soft spot for you."

"Well butter my ice and call me a pickle." I said with a country accent. I batted my eyelashes and lifted my foot. "Wasn't that the cutest thing I've ever heard."

"Shut up man!" He yelled. We stopped in front of a water garden. "I got a question for you though. Like I said before you are gorgeous. Your beautiful inside and out. Now that I've got to know a little bit of you I want to know more. I want to know your ambitions and life goals. I want to know what you're thinking about when you lay down. I want to discover the deepest secret you have. I want to dicover every inch of you body. My mind bunches together just thinking about you. I want to know more about you." His eyes were locked into mine while his hand rested on my waist and my body was pressed against his. The only feeling running through my body was nervousness. He continued on. "Look what I'm really trying to say is will you be my girl?"

My whole body froze and I felt as if the words in my throat were choking me. "I-I.....I" I stammered. All of a sudden one person crossed my mind. Chris.

A/N: There's a picture of what Kiya is wearing. - monterria