Chapter Seventeen

Regina

I woke up to the comfort of Emma's warm body pressed against mine. The sunlight peeked through the outskirts of the maroon curtains and the silence was comforting. Remembrance of the night before entered my mind and I couldn't suppress a smile from forming on my face. Falling asleep in the blondes arms while under the billions of stars was a happy ending in itself. I was finally getting it. I rolled myself over to stare at the source of my joy, still in her embrace. She sighed happily in her sleep and snuggled closer to me. Her legs were entangled with mine and her left arm was draped over my waist. Her pale features were completely peaceful. Long black eyelashes brushed her rosy cheeks and her blonde curls fell over her neck and face. The absence of her startling green eyes burdened me and the urdge to wake the sleeping beauty was too great. I kissed her eyes and cheeks and nose and finished on her warm, soft lips. I got a little carried away on those and their intoxicating taste. After a few moments, I felt hers press back in sync and I pulled away to watch her eyes flutter open, and reveal those dazzling forest green orbs.

"Mmmm don't stop." she mumbled as she stretched her neck to kiss me again. And I let her. Our lips met and moved in one motion, and eventually a little more sloppy when she placed her arms on either side of my head and hovered above me. I couldn't ignore the fuzzy feeling that spread through my gut and ended at my core. I laced my fingers through her blonde hair, pulling her head closer to mine in desire. She nibbled at my lower lip and ran her tongue along it, asking for entrance. I parted my lips slightly allowing her warm tongue to slide in. Our tongues wrestled for dominance until she pulled away and moved her lips to my neck, kissing and nipping and sucking there, elicting loud moans from me, some of which were quite embarrassing. She moved her lips lower to my collarbone and kissed there, pressing honey sweet kisses on the skin in that area. Her left hand left the bed beside my head and ran down my side, causing goosebumps to rise on my arms. I shivered slightly when her cold hand snuck inside my shirt, causing all of my muscles to tense up. I felt her tug at the hem of the silky fabric and I got the hint. Breaking the now heated kiss for a moment to remove my shirt, I noticed the aroused feeling in my core was now stronger than ever. She pulled back to observe my chest and flat stomach and then looked in my eyes, hers darkened with lust. That's when I noticed that she was only wearing a large T-shirt and underwear and I took the oppurtunity to remove her top as well.

Her black laced bra and underwear were extremely seductive. I couldn't stop myself when I flipped us over and attacked her lips hungrily. A moan escaped her lips and it fogged my mind with even more want and need for the blonde Savior. Her wondering hands pulled down my black leggings from the night before, leaving me only in my undergarments. I kissed down her neck to her cleavage, where I desired more. I lifted her warm back up with one hand and unclipped her bra with the other, I noticed only later that she had removed mine as well. I took in the sight in front of me like a drug. She was absolutely stunning. I noticed she was staring me down as well, love and lust visible in her darkened, hazed eyes. She pursed her lips and caressed my cheek.

"You are beautiful." I heard her gentle voice say. I watched as she ran her hand down my neck and over my heaving chest then slightly over my breast and down to my stomach, leaving goosebumps everywhere in her wake. Worry was evident on her face when she trained her eyes onto the side of my stomach. That's when I remembered the long white scar that was carved there. She ran her long slender fingers over it and frowned.

"What is this from?" She asked quietly, her eyes never leaving the scar. She was the first to notice it since Daniel and that caused my eyes to mist over.

"Falling off a horse." I replied quietly, causing her to chuckle. The sound was melodic and contagious. "What's so funny?" I scolded.

"You sure aren't very graceful for a queen." she mused.

"It bucked me off!" I fired back.

"Alright!" She raised her hands in defense and smiled again. "Whatever you say." I playfully glared at her and she bit her bottom lip. I crashed my lips to hers again and she responded instantly, our hands roaming each others bodies curiously and removing any other object that kept us from being skin to skin. It quickly turned sloppy and breathy and the events that followed were utterly inevitable.

***

I realized how giddy Emma was when she offered to make pancakes and coffee. After we were settled down and clothed of course. I had never experienced such amazing sex in my entire life and I do believe she hadn't either and as if to top it all off afterwards, we stumbled into the shower and gave each other unforgettable company in there.

So here we were now, laughing at practically every little thing and flipping pancakes, probably scaring the sleep out of Henry.

"I have an idea, babe." she said whilst grinning like a Cheshire cat. I wrapped my arms around her from the back and placed my chin on her shoulder.

"What is it?" I pressed on, smiling at her lovers nickname for me. She flipped the pancake with a fork and lightly laughed. So cute.

"Let's grab Henry after breakfast and go find a perfect spot to picnic. There's gotta be a water source around her somewhere." I laughed and kissed her cheek.

"Sounds amazing." I whisper into her ear and nibble on it softly. She turns her head and kisses me slowly and passioniatly. When she pulls back, her eyes have that familiar twinkle that I've fallen in love with.

After breakfast and packing for the picnic, Henry, Emma and I all set out for a place to park it. As it turns out, the treeline behind the house was only a small coverup for a beautiful stream. The crystal clear water weaved through endless, green hills and seemed to go on forever. After walking a ways and finding a grassy spot under an old willow tree, the three of us set up the plaid blanket and basket next to the water. We laughed and talked about our lives and when Henry was done eating, he ran down along the waters edge and started skipping stones.

"Regina?" the gorgeous blonde sitting in front of me called my name.

"Yes, dear?"

"Can I say something and you promise not to get offended?" I swallowed and stared at the rush of the current.

"Yes." she waited a moment.

"Don't get me wrong, I am in love with this place, but my-I just found out who my parents are. I know who they are and where they are and I kind of want to-well-"

"You want to meet them." I finished for her. How could I have been so selfish? "Emma I'm so sorry. I've just realized how selfish I've been, taking you away from your parents like-"

"No! Hey, its okay! I mean I've been without them for 28 years I think I can go a little longer..." I feel my eyes swell up with tears and I look away from her, trying to conceal them. "Its not your fault, sweetheart." she tries to coo.

"Yes it is!" I exclaim and the tears come down my cheeks. Emma doesn't look hurt or mad but worried and that makes me love her and regret what I did even more. "It is my fault. It's my fault that you went for 28 years of your life without a family. It's my fault that you never got to grow up like the princess you are! And do not call me sweetheart because I am anything but that!" She leans forward on her knees and wraps her arms around me, rubbing my back in a soothing motion.

"Stop beating yourself up, Regina. What's done is done, and you know that I've forgiven you and I know that you're better now. We're alright, okay?" I nodded against her shoulder at her calming words.

"I'm a wreck." I mumble softly against her skin.

"We both are, but I think thats how we get along so well." She muttered into my hair. "We were two diasters that collided head on and the results were devastating." I pulled back to meet her green eyes. "But, it seems like out of the wreck came something new and better, like how after a storm, flowers bloom. I know that...that's us now...the flower that sprung up from the bad...and there's no doubt about that, Regina, no doubt whatsoever."