Chapter Seven

Regina

"I love you." the words fall out of her perfect lips in one short breath and everything evil I've ever seem to have done, hell everything in the world seems to disapear besides us. My heart pounds in my chest as I look into her gorgeous green eyes. Our noses bump each other as I lean in again for a deeper kiss, slowly wrapping my arms around her neck and taking in every drop of the moment. I smile against her sweet, warm lips and move mine to her neck, laying hot open mouthed kisses on the cold skin. I hear a soft sigh escape her and can't help but smile again. I was in love with Emma Swan, the woman who was most likely to be my undoing. The same woman who just two weeks ago had drove into town in her yellow bug with my son and changed it all. No, not my son, our son. The thought brought happiness into my heart, but it scared me also. I pulled back and looked away nervously. I felt Emma's hands slide around my waist and pull me closer to her. Although I did enjoy the comfortable warmth of the sheriffs body against mine, I couldn't help but allow my thoughts to drift off to what could happen. Pain. Sadness. Loss. All the possibilities of this relationship if it lept forward. I could risk all my happiness, but would it be worth it? So many questions formed in my head. I locked eyes with an adorable, worried sheriff. Her eyebrows squinched together like they do when she's worried or upset and it gave her a lost puppy look that had to be one of the cutest and hottest things I had ever seen in my life.

"What's wrong?" she asks quietly, clearly searching for any reading of my thoughts in my eyes. I looked away and suddenly became very interested in a pile of twigs. After a moments hesitation, I finally answered.

"I just don't want to be hurt again." I heard her breathing hitch slightly before she recovered from my words. I find myself looking into her now misty eyes once more. She shakes her head slightly,

"I would never hurt you, Regina." She says quietly. The promise warms me inside and causes goosebumps to rise on my arms. I realize how cold I am and I hold onto the blonde a little tighter, burying my head in her neck. I feel her strong arms pull me closer than before and lean back with her against the rock. She places her chin on the top of my head and I soak up her heat like an oven, the amazing smell of cinnamon wafts into my nose, clouding my senses and filling my thoughts with images of my perfect Emma. My perfect Emma. I really like the sound of that. I think to myself and I doze off into a dreamless sleep.