She left Bonnie abruptly and stomped over to the gazebo outside where they were plotting to themselves like old ladies.

"What. The hell, Damon." Billie crossed her arms, standing close to the man, an infuriating smirk on his lips.

"I take it witchy blabbed." He asked, knowing he was in trouble. He cringed slightly, preparing himself. Stefan stood nearby, watching the scene unfold.

Billie laughed angrily, "Oh yeah, she blabbed. Because she knows this is a horrible idea. She doesn't need a supernatural moral compass to figure that out, unlike you, apparently."

"So what does it say?" He asked Billie calmly, she paused momentarily.

"What?"

Damon rolled his eyes. "Your 'supernatural moral compass'. What does it say?" He stepped closer, making it a little hard for Billie to get the words out with his piercing eyes staring right at her.

"I don't know." She forced out. "It doesn't say anything." Billie grit her teeth, trying to restrain herself from punching him in his perfect face and looking away when Damon seemed victorious.

He clapped his hands decidedly. "Perfect! The moral compass is indifferent. I take that's a good sign."

"Mason doesn't deserve to die, Damon." Billie spoke quietly but he heard it perfectly.

Damon's brows pulled together and he looked at her like she was insane. "He tried to kill us!" His voice went up an octave incredulously.

Billie uncrossed her arms and threw them out to her sides. "Because you tried to kill him first!"

He shook his head and walked away to leave the gazebo. Billie stared right at Stefan, hoping he would be able to change his brother's mind. Stefan looked conflicted, but eventually he straightened up and started walking with his brother, stopping in front of Billie.

"He's right Billie. Mason's with Katherine and it's always best to assume that what Katherine wants is gonna hurt everyone else around her. This is our chance to get a step ahead of her."

The boys walked in the direction of the mansion, ready to execute the plan. Billie breathed heavily to keep her composure. She sat on a bench lining the gazebo, watching the volunteers go about their jobs for a few minutes when someone sat beside her. Billie snapped her head to the side seeing Elena to her right.

Billie was surprised at her presence. "Oh...hey. Is everything okay?"

Elena nodded, tucking a few strands of her long, brown hair behind an ear. "Yeah, everything's fine, I just... uh, Bonnie told me about your... gift."

Billie made a silent 'oh' with her mouth, turning her head back to look out the gazebo. "And... I wanted to apologise about the other day. I was rude. Bonnie and I were on the outs and-"

Billie chuckled quietly, interrupting a spiralling ramble. "It's alright, don't worry about it. We all get cranky sometimes." Elena smiled awkwardly in response. The air was very quickly becoming uncomfortable until she spoke again.

"It's good that you came. We could use a level head around here. We always seem to make the wrong choices..."

Harper snorted softly. "Ironically, I do too." She smiled at herself, thinking of all the times she'd actively ignored the darkness, and how it comically blew up in her face every time.