BinJin Scenario #13

HYUN BIN POV

"I give up! I can't do this anymore!" I utter out of frustration as I press the 4th button of the elevator.

It's freaking eleven in the evening and I went outside to buy some tteokbokki and kimbap for my pregnant wife. She's on her fourth month of pregnancy and having a hormonal surge.

I just got home from a tiring schedule earlier and the moment I opened the door in our unit, there I saw my wife weeping. I thought she's going under labor already but it's just the fourth month of her pregnancy. So I immediately approached  and asked her what's wrong. She said she want some tteokbokki and kimbap. I asked her why didn't she order for some delivery and she freaking yelled at me. That's why I ended up here. I went outside the building to buy what she wants from some random vendor outside.

It's been how many months since it started. Yejin became so irritated with everything. One time she's so sweet and one time she hates to see me. She feel nauseous every morning, especially when she smells my perfume. That's why I had to stop using it for a while. We visit her doctor and she said that it was normal for a pregnant woman to feel like that. It is her hormones suddenly acting up. It is called pregnancy hormone and I don't understand the rest of what the doctor have said. I just know that I have to be patient and to be more understanding to my wife.

I was met by a deafening silence the moment I came back.

"Yejin-ah? Baby? Where are you?"

Silence.

I put the plastic bag on the kitchen counter and check on my wife at our room. I can hear her soft snoring from afar when I open the door. I can't help but to smile even if I'm tired. She's been through a lot of pain lately. We were so shocked and overwhelmed when we knew that we are going to have a twins. I'm happy because having two babies means double the fun. But I feel sad at the same time thinking about my wife carrying them all alone. All I can do is stay by her side whenever I can. I told her I'm going to stop receiving projects until she gives birth to our twins. But she insisted that I don't need to do that. I only receive small offers now. I want to attend to my wife's needs as much as possible. It really makes me tired but I always think that my wife is the one enduring the most. And I suddenly remember what happened a few days ago.

FLASHBACK

"Bin. Baby?" Yejin's voice shook a little when I answered her call.

"Baby, what's wrong?" My voice is heavy with worry.

"What happened? Are you okay? Did something happened to our babies?" I continued asking, gently but firmly.

"No, we are fine.. I just.." Yejin struggles with embarrassment. "It's just that I thought I heard someone from outside trying to pry open our door. But I don't see anyone from the peephole. It's okay, I shouldn't call you over for something like this. You are busy at your work. Just don't mind it."

I know very well that she is not one to lose her nerves easily.

"Baby, listen to me." I stated calmly. "You are right to call me. I will not have you or our babies placed under any form of stress."

"But Bin.."

"Listen to me, baby. Firstly, don't panic. Stress is not good for you and for the babies." I tried to inject the calmness in my voice even though I'm starting to feel like a nervous wreck. "Stay right there and don't open the door. I will come home immediately."

"But how about your work?"

"Who cares about my work now? It can wait. I'm going to call someone I know from the police station just to ensure you are safe."

"Bin, I'm scared." My wife finally broke down, her voice faltering towards the end.

"You have to be strong, baby. I wish I can be by your side now. I'm on the way home. Just wait for me and don't open the door." My voice cracked with the stress and guilt I am feeling.

It happened to be a saesaeng fan who was trying to invade our privacy. I don't know what is her motive, I didn't dare to ask as I'm worried to my wife and run for my dear life the moment I reached our building. I let the police handle her and give her the punishment she deserved. But I'll make sure to add some securities to our building to prevent what happened.

END OF FLASHBACK

I still remember Yejin's face that day. And it still makes me feel bad about it. I joined my sleeping wife and put her head in my arms and whispers a good night.

Yejin stirred in her sleep and open her eyes. "You're home."

"Did I wake you up? Sleep now, baby." I hushed.

"I'm sorry."

"For what?"

"I don't crave for tteokbokki and kimbap anymore." she mutters sleepily.

"It's okay, babe. You can crave for more tomorrow." I said but really hoping that's not the case again for tomorrow.

"You're losing weight. I promise I wouldn't be a bitch again."

"You've said that many times."

She looks like she's about to cry when I said that. Man why is her hormones acting up in the wrong time of the day.

"I'm sorry. You know I didn't mean that. I will do anything just for you and our babies. Anything."

She smiled and I kiss the temple of her head.

"Let's sleep. It's gonna be a long day tomorrow."