BinJin Scenario #12

Start from the beginning

"Yejin-ahh? You should call me noona because I'm older than you." Well, I'm 8 months older than him.

"But we're technically the same age. I don't like calling you noona. Let's settle with something realistic here, Yejin-ah." He said after sipping in his coffee.

"Whatever you want, Bin-ssi."

"Bin-ssi? I thought we already drop the formalities?" he questioned.

I just laugh at his response. "But I prefer to call you Bin-ssi. It's cute."

"You're so beautiful when you smile you know." He suddenly blurted out. "And even prettier when you laugh."

"Err? Thank you?" I don't know what to say. I didn't expect that.

"Come on don't be too serious. I said that to create a comfortable relationship between us. I want you to be at ease when we are together."

"I'm sorry that was just so sudden." I mutter.

We parted ways after that fun meeting at the coffee shop. He offered to drive me home but I declined respectfully since I have my own car with me. We keep in touch by texting each other. Sometimes he calls me during the night. Saying he can't sleep and would ask me to tell him stories. I don't know but I'm enjoying it too. Until we started filming but that communication doesn't stop. We even go out for a meal most of the time.

We always exchange ideas and comments about the movie we're filming. But as the time goes by, I feel that something is different. I don't see him as a friend anymore. One time he was explaining something and I can't focus because I'm starring at his lips. That's the time I realized that I'm starting to see him as a man. In my defense, I'm not the only one. He is acting strange too. Or am I being assuming?

It's the last day of our shooting today and Bin suggested to drop me home. We're both in the car but I don't know what to say.

"Why are you so quiet? He sounds like he's worried. That's why I always misunderstand.

"I'm just a little sad that the filming is over. And I'm tired." I replied with no energy.

"You should eat when you arrive home and sleep early."

"Yes, early. We finished filming at 12 in the midnight and what time is it now? I guess I'm really sleeping early." I earned a hearty laugh from him.

"Did I make you that happy?" I added. Now I'm smiling after hearing his laughter. It's so contagious after all.

"You always makes me happy." he commented.

"I'm such a ray of sunshine." I joked in return.

"Yes, you are." I can feel my cheeks heating up at his bluntness. And him starring at me doesn't help at all.

"Keep your eyes on the road. I don't wanna die early."

"I'm looking for the right direction that's why I'm looking at you. My bad."  He said as he turns his eyes back on the road.

I didn't respond. I just keep quiet until we reach the front of the building I'm living. I'm afraid that if we continue, I might say that I like him. That I wish we can level up the friendship we have. But I'm also afraid at the same time, that maybe he doesn't feel the same way as me. I honestly don't know if he means everything he says to me or it is just him being naturally playful because he's really comfortable with me.

"Hello, are you with me?" He said as he waves his hand in front of my face trying to get my attention.

"Thank you for the ride." I said while he proceed to look for something inside his car.

"Here, this is for you." He handed me a small box.

"What is this for?" He didn't answer.

"Open it."

I opened it and saw a pricey necklace with a round solitaire diamond pendant. It looks elegant and beautiful at the same time.

"It looks exactly just like you. Rare and precious." He mutters with sincerity.

"You didn't answer me yet. What is this for?" I asked. Still puzzled but hoping that what I am thinking is right.

"A proposal." he replies immediately.

"A proposal for what?"

"I like you and I think you already know that. Shall we start dating starting today?"

The rain starts pouring outside while we are still inside the car. This opportunity seems so perfect, eyes locked, lips meet. With the rain beating steady music on the roof of the car above shielding us. I breathe softly as Bin closes his eyes, our kiss deepens.