Episode 6: bOYs aRE MeaN

Start from the beginning

"i know, he's basically a young warren buffet, to bad hes pussy whipped for a fat chick. i almost had respect for him," allen added. he was still angry at me. like i had predicted.

their word twisted into me. why did they treat me this way? was it because i was a 'fat chick'?

"you don't think hes fucking her?" he asked. allen made eye contact with me. fire in his eyes, he seemed gittery. "i dont know maybe we should ask, hey lora, are you fucking marcus? is that how you repay him?" he yelled.

"jesus christ allen," steven spoke. "what? its just a joke!" allen said. "right lora? were just kidding right?" he said.

"go fuck yourself allen," i said.

i was familiar with silence by now. but not this kind. not the kind that was filled with tension.

everyone stopped to stare. dumbfounded that the meek little mouse they bullied had a voice. i was proud for a moment, proud a my ability to defend myself.

then i quickly remembered why i was always timid in the first place. because all men are bad.

"the fuck did you just say to me?" allen boomed. "calm down allen," chase said. chase mayweather. five eight, accountant.

"no, im not gonna be talked down to by marcus' personal cock sleeve," allen declared. "allen, stop," steven pried. "shut the fuck up! im the one who fucking hired you!" allen added.

he lunged towards my desk. "dont ever speak to me like that again," he said pointing a finger in my face. "if i were you i would be smart about this, marcus isn't here to to help you so watch your fucking mouth or ill rip that ugly ass weave off your head," he said.

i had braids.

"whats going on here?" mr. hill peered from the break room. allen pulled back and looked over at mr. hill. "nothing, just messing around, right?" he said looking down at me.

i was shaking, i looked like i had seen a ghost. unable to process anything i meekly nodded my head. but mr. hill didn't seem believe as his frown deepened as he looked over my shaking frame. "lora, can i see you for a moment?" mr. hill asked.

he led me to the private office space. only marcus was called in here. the familiar black desk and matching bookcase greeted me. i had seen it before, i had just never been called in. i sat down in the chair in front of the desk.

mr. hill opened a desk drawer as he sat down. he pulled out a brown bag and placed it in front of me. "its a pastrami sandwich, on rye of course, with a side of fries," he said. "eat it," he commanded.

"no thank you mr. hill, im not hungry," i said. "are you sure? cause you didn't eat lunch today," he said. "yeah i wasn't very hungry, i had a big breakfast," i said. "but you didn't eat lunch yesterday either, or the day before that, or the day before that," he said.

"eat it," he commanded again. "no, im fine," i said. "interesting, marcus is the only person you listen too," he said. i looked down at my lap.

"sorry, that was in poor taste," he said

i nodded, still keeping my head down. "are you okay lora? id be happy to give you your own office if they're still bothering you," he said. "no, thats fine. that'll make them worse," i said.

"im okay mr. hill, im just trying to loose weight," i explained. "why? did they say something? your allowed to report things to me, you know that right?" he asked. "no its a personal thing, trying to get in shape," i said. "okay, if you say so," he said. "but please start eating, i don't want you passing out," he said. "okay, thank you," i said getting up to leave.
"hold on, take the the sandwich," he said. picking up the bag i left his office.