chapter one

It's been six months since Yoongi took Jeongguk under his care and to say it's been hard would be an understatement. For Yoongi, adapting to a baby is, by far, the hardest thing he's ever done.

He never knew babies could be so expensive. While he's gotten help from a few friends, mainly Jimin and Jin, he still has trouble being able to buy him new things; his job as a writer doesn't provide much yet. He doesn't want to ask the others for help because he feels like mooching off of his friends, even when they deny it.

Sighing, he shifts Jeongguk in his arms when he makes a sign of getting fussy. He just came from his Jin's house, as he wanted to see the baby, and he didn't bring the stroller, expecting it to be a short trip. He didn't expect to be walking home with his arms full of baby and bags.

Jeongguk starts squirming, and Yoongi almost drops him, "hey, calm down. we're almost there, bun!" This only makes Jeongguk wiggle around more until he stays crying because of his limited mobility.

When he sees his door, he speeds up, but at that point, Jeongguk is already red in the face because of all the crying he's doing. Dropping his bags carefully, he reaches for his keys, but that only makes Jeongguk more agitated. Throwing his head back, he almost falls out of Yoongi's grasp.

"Hey, dude, you need to calm down," he bounces him gently, "we're almost in the house." Patting his head, he goes to reach for the keys again, but Jeongguk only thrashes more. Sighing, he goes to sit down on the floor. He picks up a bag that Jimin had gotten for his son. In it is a stuffed bunny, and when Jeongguk catches sight of it, he calms down a little.

Reaching his hands out for it, he pulls it close to him. Yoongi lets out a breath of relief before Jeongguk's face crumples, and he throws the animal.

Yoongi knows that he can just ignore his cries for the time being, but he'll feel guilty if he does. He feels that if he ignores his son, it'll lead to him ignoring him all the time. It's dumb, he knows, but he's new and insecure to this.

Squeezing Jeongguk closer to his chest, he tries to calm him down again, but it's in vain. Sighing, he leans his head against the wall while the baby cries. This sucks, he thinks to himself, I can't even get my own son to stop crying. How pathetic am I?

"Um, excuse me, sir! Do you need help?"

When Yoongi looks up, the air is knocked out of his body. There, standing right in front of him, is the most beautiful man he's ever seen. He can't help but feel a little self conscious, especially when he probably looks like a train wreck, but his feeling of hopelessness out weighs that, and he finds himself nodding.

The stranger gives him a huge smile when he takes Jeongguk, and Yoongi feels butterflies. He watches as the man quiet downs his son's crying and laughs at the silly faces he pulls.

As Yoongi stares in pure amazement, he can't help but think how this is what he had dreamed of.

He's always wanted to have someone to share these moments with. He wants someone who he can lean on when times get tough. He wants someone who can help him with Jeongguk.

All he did was help you with Jeongguk. Stop acting like a lovesick fool to someone you just met!

Pulling himself from his thoughts, he sees that the person has gotten Jeongguk to sleep. Standing up, he takes him from the guy. "Thank you so much for putting my little bunny to sleep! I don't what I would've done had you not come."

The guy smiles again, and Yoongi swears he'll lose feeling in his legs if he does it again. "It's no problem; I've had my fair share of crying kids." Yoongi gives him a look, and he blushes. "Not like that! I have a brother and sister, and sometimes my mother had me babysit for her friends."

Yoongi gives the guy a small smile, "well, in any case, I'm still grateful towards you." He grabs his keys and unlocks the door. Before he can enter the house, he feels a hand on his shoulder. Turning around, he gives the guy a confused look. Blushing, the guy drops his hand from his shoulder.

"Um, I just wanted to say that if you need any help, I live down the hallway." He shoves his hands in his pockets.

"Hm, I don't know. I don't feel to comfortable leaving my kid with someone who I don't even know the name of." Yoongi says with a small smirk.

The guy becomes flustered,"Oh, I'm sorry! I'm Taehyung, nice to meet you."

A huge smile takes over his face, "Yoongi, nice to meet you, too."