Chapter 33: Rescue

Start from the beginning

~~~~~

Everyone was loading up a ship that the Insomniac Harbor granted you. News of your spectacular return spread very quickly, and everyone is happy that their King has returned. So after you told the captain about what's going on, he was more than happy to give you passage to your destination.

As you put another box on the ship, you spotted Saiko still upset. You walk over and hold your hand out. She slowly looks up to you and takes it. Pulling her up, you wrap her in a gentle hug.

Y/n: No one blames you Saiko. Don't beat yourself up over this.

Saiko: But if I could've saved them, we wouldn't be doing this. They would still be at the castle.

Y/n: Well, they aren't. And nothing can change that. But we can go and save them. But I need you to stop moping and help us. Please.

She pulls away from the hug to look at you. She had never heard you be so... assertive. She was surprised at first, but soon smiled.

Saiko: You're right. I'm sorry. Thank you for talking some sense into me.

She kissed you and soon, Tari walked in.

Tari: You got Saiko to cheer up!

Saiko: Yep. So mind explaining the scar and the new sword.

Y/n: I'll tell you when we rescue Meggy and Desti.

They agreed to that and with a sound of the horn, the ship took off.

~~~~~

Meggy was the first one to be thrown into one of the extraction machines. Desti was tied up and muzzled as she bit Francis when he tried to touch her.

Eggman: Hurry it up will you Francis?! I don't want to be here in case Y/n shows up!

Francis: Why are you so scared about this Y/n?

SMG3: Maybe because he is a Lucian King. And has the essence of Bahamut himself in him.

Francis: ...That could be a problem... But whatever! Soon, the calibrations for the Ink Zucker will be complete, and I will drain both of these girls of their ink! Then, we will be UNSTOPPABLE!!!

He begins to laugh maniacally, causing everyone in the room to roll their eyes. Suddenly, Desti felt the muzzle loosen.

SMG3: Psst... look, let me speak my piece and keep quiet. If I help you get out of here, will you promise Y/n doesn't kill me?

Desti: And how the hell can I trust you? Last time, we almost got Y/n killed because we trusted you.

SMG3: Yeah... sorry about that. But I've been doing some soul-searching, and I just... don't care anymore. As in, why worry about what SMG4 is doing? I got my own life, and I can do anything I want. So I became a therapist!

Desti: That's... actually really cool. Good job.

SMG3: Thanks! So... promise?

Desti thought about it for a while, then agreed.

Desti: I want you to untie me, but I'm going to act like I'm still tied up. Plan A, is to wait for Y/n to show up. Once he does, you grab Meggy and run for it.

SMG3: Plan B?

Desti: If Y/n is late, and Francis starts that machine, we've got to rescue her ourselves.

SMG3: But you told us Y/n wasn't around. How do you know he knows right now, or even coming?

Desti: It's hard to explain. But when you love someone, you just kinda... know these things. He's coming, I know he is.