Chapter 4

Bruce hesitated to answer, he didn't want to spill about Oliver's little space just yet. He had to let them all adjust and talk to Oliver about all this as well as the other boys. That thought brought on more dread. How would he explain that to the other boys? He shook his head briefly to dismiss the thought, he'd cross that bridge when he got there. For now, he needed to focus on this.
He flashed his award winning smile, "Ah a friend of mine is having a baby so I'm here getting a few things for the baby shower," he explained smoothly.
Samantha smiled a bit at this answer, "One of your lady friends, Mr. Wayne?" she hummed suspiciously.
Bruce shook his head keeping his cool and wits about him, "Afraid not, just a friend and only a friend."
Samantha gave a little pout, almost tauntingly, "Aw, so no baby Wayne? That's rather disappointing," she hummed, Bruce hesitated a moment before shrugging.
"I.... wouldn't necessarily say that," Samantha perked up at that, humming again delightedly.
"Well I hope you'd let me know if that were to happen," she purred, "anyways, I'll leave you to your shopping, have a nice day, Mr. Wayne."
Bruce sighed relieved as she walked away, now to go to the next problem, he thought as he walked towards the checkout.
"Very well done, Master Oliver," Alfred praised gently, "now, young sir, I don't want you to panic if you cannot answer this, but do you perhaps have a better idea of how old you feel?"
Oliver looked up a bit unsure but an answer left him this time, "T-two?" he then shrunk a bit away, worried he was too young, that this wouldn't be accepted, but Alfred merely offered a tiny smile.
"That is quite alright, young sir."
Oliver noticed someone walking to the limo and whimpered causing Alfred to look back and see what had upset Oliver but he chuckled once he saw it was only Bruce and pat Oliver's back, "Nothing to be worried about, it seems your father is through with his shopping," he explained which made Oliver relax but become fidgety, well aware that he hadn't exactly made it easy on Bruce when he first asked about his age, "you sit right there, alright? Master Bruce will be with you shortly, I just need to speak with him a moment," he explained, patting his head this time before stepping out of the back of the limo, meeting Bruce just as he reached the vehicle.
"Alfred, is Oliver doing alright?"
"Yes Master Bruce, he is, however, he's feeling a bit older than when you spoke to him."
Bruce arched a brow at this, "He actually spoke?"
"Indeed, sir. About two he had said, I figure he is going between different ages at the moment while the medicine takes its effects, so it can change at any moment."
Bruce sighed, rubbing his forehead before nodding, "Alright, thank you, Alfred," the butler nodded, going to the front to drive again as Bruce slid in the back with Oliver once more. 
"Daddy?" Oliver mumbled meekly, Bruce looked over to him, offering a gentle smile. 
"Hi baby boy, were you good for Alfred?" Oliver blinked slightly but nodded, making Bruce chuckle, "Good boy, I knew you would be, just for that, daddy got you something," he was technically going to give it to him anyways but he figured the idea of it being a prize may help Oliver calm himself down a little bit. He dug into the bag pulling out a pacifier that was white apart from the little monkeys that were brown on the bottom of it. Oliver's eyes lit up at it which eased Bruce greatly. He got it out of the cardboard and plastic containment it came in then handed it over to Oliver who eagerly slipped it in his mouth a few moments before spitting it out pulling a face which utterly baffled Bruce. 
"Ollie, what's the matter, baby?" 
"Icky daddy, have icky tas'e," he complained sticking his tongue out to further express his disgust. Bruce sighed relieved but chuckled softly. 
"I'm sorry, we'll wash it off as soon as we get back to the manor," he assured, "while we're getting there though, maybe it's some little boy's nap time?" he suggested. He wanted to try and form a schedule for Oliver's little space and he'd rather Oliver not be awake when he first explained it to the other boys, in case they had anything negative to say about it. Oliver opened his mouth, ready to start protesting until Bruce gently shook his head at him. 
"No arguments, now, I'm the adult here and I make the rules, ok? Come here, you can cuddle up with daddy while you nap," he offered, holding an arm out. Oliver hesitated but eventaully was curled up at Bruce's side asleep. It was at that moment that Bruce decided that maybe this little space thing really wasn't that bad and leaned back to, also, relax the rest of the drive.