Angor Management Part III

Start from the beginning

        "What happened to the lights?" Mom questioned. Then, puffs of pink smoke kept appearing one at a time as the chanting continued. This is happening. Remain calm, Monica. Don't panic.

        "Mom, stay close. Monica, guard Mom and Strickler." Jim ordered.

        "I can't see you!" Mom exclaimed. Jim turned on a flashlight. The light bulbs started to get smashed and each time it did, Jim and I gasped in fear. Then, Jim said, "For the glory of Merlin, Daylight is mine to command." His armor appeared, then I summoned the Thriskule and willed it to transform into daggers. Mom wondered how Jim was glowing and how I now had daggers, to which Jim responded, "It's armor and special perk, Mom. Part of the job."

        Suddenly, the pink balls of flame flew towards us. Jim deflected it and I deflected it as it came towards us.

        "Stick to the plan. You two know what to do." Strickler said. How were we going to lead him upstairs? As Jim and I stood back to back ready for Angor to show up. We heard a noise and we both turned to see nothing, then a pink ball of flame flew towards us. While Jim deflected it, I spotted Angor Rot. Angor Rot jumped towards Jim, but I quickly got in front of him and blocked him. Angor Rot quickly grabbed my arm and flew me towards the table.

        "Monica!" Mom shouted.

        When I crashed, it shattered the table and I groaned as I stood up. I looked over and saw that Jim was pinned back against one our barriers. Angor Rot said, "You did not run, brave hunter, but the brave are the first to die."

        "Jim!" I cried out. I grabbed one of hardcover books and threw it towards Angor Rot while exclaiming, "You will not hurt my baby brother!" Angor Rot turned and charged me once again, but I quickly got out of reach before he could run into me. He attempted a second charge proclaiming, "I will kill you and your brother, Wielder. I will make your brother watch as I slay you before his eyes!"

        "No!" Jim exclaimed. He attacked Angor Rot from behind and I shouted towards Strickler and my mom, "Go! Go! Get her out of here!"

        Strickler grabbed my mother and had to practically drag her out of the room as Mom shouted, "No! Not without my children! No! Jim! Monica!" I saw out of the corner of my eye as Strickler got her to the basement. I returned my attention back to Angor Rot. Jim and I fought two on one, but Angor Rot was an incredibly skilled fighter. He kept blocking our strikes and missed the traps we had set off. I grabbed Angor's arm and flipped him over my shoulder.

        He threw his dagger towards me, but before it reached me, Jim deflected it with Daylight. Suddenly, Angor Rot performed his magic and he was able to wield Daylight. He struck Jim and flew him back several feet.

        "Jim!" I exclaimed. I quickly got in the middle of the fight and had my daggers in a cross formation blocking Angor Rot's strike just like it did Draal's. I held him at bay as Jim moved behind me and went towards the cross bow that had the Lobe Stone. Angor Rot ditched me and went after Jim. Jim ducked behind the counter, then fired the cross bow at Angor Rot, who caught it with ease.

        "You'll have to be faster than that." Angor Rot said. I quickly stood next to Jim. Then, the two of us ducked as all the metal objects in the room flew towards him. There was a moment of silence and stared at my daggers and recalled what Draal told me long ago about them: It is said that in the their time of need, The Thriskule can be wielded by the Trollhunter. In return, Daylight can also be wielded by the Wielder.

        "You think that you can stop me with booby traps?" Angor Rot questioned as he climbed out of the rubble.

        I turned to Jim and said, "Jim, time to switch weapons." I forced my daggers into his hands before he could protest and the daggers transformed into a replica of Daylight. Except green.