Chapter 67: A... Brother?!

Start from the beginning

Mako: "Hey hun." They hug each other, but as they do I see something shiny on her...

Korra: "No way!" They break apart and look at me confused.

Mako: "Uh, what is it Korra?" I point towards Asami's ring finger, and the shining ring on it.

Asami: "Oh yea, I've been meaning to tell all of you, I must have forgotten." She says laughing, then M/N walks up.

You: "Why does she have a ring in her finger? She's not a mom." He whispers to me. Oh my- I facepalm and hear Opal laughing.

Opal: "And I thought Bolin could be a bit of a bonehead sometimes." She says as Bolin makes a hurt face. "Aww, don't worry Bolin." She then leans in and kisses him on the cheek. I turn to M/N and glare at him.

You: "What?" I groan.

Korra: "See that?" I say pointing at Mako and Asami, then at Bolin and Opal. He nods. "That's how a "couple" is supposed to act. And do you seriously think a ring on that finger means you're a mom?" He nods and sits down next to me.

You: "Uh, yea, all of my friends' moms had them when I was little, so I just assumed it was for moms, is that wrong?" Everybody nods. "Oh." Then they all start laughing at him. "Uh...? What does it mean then?"

Korra: "It means you're married or engaged you bumbling idiot!"

You: "What's "engaged" mean?" Everybody falls over (anime style)

Asami: "I would ask if you're serious but I know you are. It means that you're going to be married, but you haven't had the reception yet." He nods, but still obviously doesn't understand.

Korra: "How do you not know these things?" I ask him a bit peeved off now.

You: "Korra, I stopped school as a nine-year-old, if you think about it, it's a miracle that I'm even this smart." Wel- Huh, I uh, I guess that actually makes pretty good sense. "Although I don't know why none of you will tell me how we're made, my parents always told me they just wished for one, but that doesn't seem to make any sense." He says scratching his chin.

Korra: "B-but you're 22 years old...?"

You: "A-and you're 23... What does that have to do with it?"

Asami: "She means how are you 22 and still not know how." He shrugs again.

You: "Like I said, I was nine. I don't know why but I don't think I got the real answer."

Korra: "You know what, when we get back to the temple ask Pema."

You: "Alright, although I don't know why you guys can't just tell me."

*TIMESKIP*

Korra POV

We finally arrive back at the temple and I sit down at the dinner table as M/N goes to fetch Pema. He walks back a minute later.

Korra: "So...?"

You: "She'll be in in a minute, she has to finish dishes." A few minutes later Pema walks in and sits down next to M/N, and about a minute later his eyes bug out of his head. "What?!" He yells falling backwards. I see Pema trying to hold in a laugh. "W-wait, s-so you're saying t-that to have a kid, I-I have to... "do it" with her." He says pointing at me. Pema nods and he passes out onto the floor.

Pema: "Well, I don't think that went very well." She says chuckling. "Although I'm thankful I didn't have to explain what "do it" meant."

Korra: "I still can't believe I'm in love with someone who literally has an IQ of 7." I say laughing.

Pema: "Except for when he's fighting... The skills this boy has in a fight, I've never seen someone who's able to react like he does... When he fought that Vaatu and Unalaq creature, he knew to keep it away from the city, and succeeded, he really is smarter than you think Korra... Just in a different way then normal." Then she stands and walks off. I sit there thinking about what she said... And the more I think about it, the more she was right... His strategy to keep the Northern Tribe out of the city when they attacked, how he had not only found, but saved me from that psycho Talon in less than 3 hours with no leads or clues what so ever... He was smart, then I see something sitting on the table. I walk over and pick up a folder with a small note on it. 'This is the standardized test for all colleges in Republic City, I made him take it a while back, have a look. -Pema' I open the folder and begin reading off his test scores, 60% in English, 80% in Chem/Bio, yet he had a 85% in Math, then we get to a different portion of the test, a character portion? I flip to the next page and begin reading again, 85% social ability, what? That ones surprising, then there was a creativity, which he scored another 90% in, and finally, a protective instincts section, 100th percentile, 100% too... Huh, so he wasn't dumb was he...? Just uneducated, and I guess you could say he was neglected, even though it's really not his parents fault, they were dead after all.

Your POV

I wake up and see Korra reading something in a folder.

You: "What the?" I look around and see I'm in the temples dining roo- Ooohhh, yea, right, that's what happened. "Hey Korra, whatcha reading?" She looks down then tosses it onto the table.

Korra: "Uh, nothing." I give her the really look then roll my eyes and sit up and go grab the folder. Oh, god damnit Pema, why did you have to let her see this.

You: "Oh, that." I say scratching the back of my head.

Korra: "You know, I didn't think you were that smart to be honest." I laugh, I don't know whether to take that as a complement or not.

You: "Thanks, I think?" Now she laughs.

Korra: "So, what's next?" As she finishes though Tenzin runs in looking frantically for something. "Tenzin? What's wrong? What do you need?" Then I see Katara walk by in the hallway holding Jinora in her arms.

Tenzin: "The cord to our radio is broken I know I have another somewhere around here. Where is it!?"

You: "Who hurt Jinora?" He snaps his head in my direction and walks up to me extremely pissed.

Tenzin: "You Should Know! He Said He's YOUR Brother!" What...? I look over to Korra then back to him.

You: "Tenzin, I don't have a brother..."

Tenzin: "Well surprise! You have one now!"

You: "What was his name?" He stops looking and sighs.

Tenzin: "When we left I grabbed a dog tag that fell out of his pocket... It said Sabertooth." Oh... Shit.

Korra POV

Uh oh, that reaction can't mean anything good.

Korra: "M/N? Who's Sabertooth?" He leans against the wall and runs his hands through his hair.

You: "I uh, he's a, he's like me... He has claws, but they come from his nails not his knuckles... I remember that name from somewhere... I-I think he was a different experiment they had... Yea... Yes! It is him!" He says standing up. "I remember him now, back when they screwed with my head he was my partner, then when I broke out... He was sent to kill me... We both can heal and have claws, but I hardly would consider us brothers." Then I hear a siren coming from the city, and the new sirens Asami put throughout the city were sounding off, but the sirens pattern... It meant to evacuate the city...