"My family is visiting extended family in India over the holidays, sorry Draco," Padma said.

"Already have plans, sorry Draco. Plus, my mum's a muggle," Terry said.

"That's fine guys. I guess I'll survive with what I have. And sorry for not inviting you Hermione. My parents still aren't extremely happy that I'm friends with a muggle-born and many of the pureblood families that will be there wouldn't be very kind towards a muggle-born." Draco sighed again.

"It's ok Draco. I was planning on spending all of the Christmas holidays with my parents. Christmas celebrations are quite different to Yule celebrations from what I've gathered."

The rest of the train ride passed quickly, and Alex soon felt the train slowing down. They stood up as the train came to a stop, charming their trunk to float along behind them ad they made their way off the train. They exchanged goodbyes with their friends, promising to write and send gifts via owls. They all went separate ways and Alex quickly found Remus. He was standing in the shadows of the station, out of sight of most of the other people on the platform. Alex hugged Remus, feeling him squeeze them tightly in return.

"Lets go home," they said. They grabbed hold of their still floating trunk and nodded to Remus. Remus lightly grabbed their hand and they both twisted on the spot, disappearing from the station. Remus knew that they could apparate on their own, but if anyone was watching it would look extremely suspicious if they apparated on their own. Afterall, they were meant to be underage and unlicensed.

They landed outside their little cottage and Alex re-charmed their trunk to float behind them. they followed Remus into the house, sending their trunk upstairs to their room while they collapsed onto a chair in the kitchen.

"It's good to be back," Alex said with a happy sigh. Remus sat down next to them.

"It's good to have you back. It's been lonely without you."

"Did I tell you I have another potion for St Mongos?"

"No. Whats this one meant for?"

"Well, I don't want to tell you too much, as I want it to be a surprise. But if it works, it will improve the life of one of my best friends and definitely make the papers, possibly front page."

"Oh? I suppose that I don't need to know. If you have it ready and in the potion bag with a letter about what it should do, we can send it off tonight," Remus said. Alex nodded.

"That sounds like a good idea. I'm hoping that the improvement it should make is evident by the end of the holidays." Alex paused for a moment, before remembering Draco's offer.

"Also, did I tell you that I have been invited to a Yule ball? All we need to do is send a confirmation to my friend who invited me, saying how many of us will be coming. I've already decided which robes I will wear if I go."

"Who invited you? I know that only a few pureblood families hold Yule Balls."

"Draco invited me. You don't have to come if you don't want to, but I really want to go," Alex said, turning pleading eyes onto Remus. Remus sighed, looking away from them.

"You can go; however, I will not be coming. No matter how close you are with Draco, I don't think that I could survive a night with the Malfoys, let alone that many pureblood families," Remus replied.

"Thank you, Remus. I'll send go send confirmation now. The ball is on the 26th." Remus nodded and Alex walked quickly out of the room, not forgetting that it was bad etiquette to run, even in their own home. They reached their room and quickly wrote a letter to Draco.

Draco,

I would love to come to the Yule Ball that your family is hosting on the 26th of December. My guardian will not be attending with me as he has prior obligations and also doesn't enjoy things such as the ball. I am looking forward to it and will see you then.

Alex.

They attached the letter to Iris leg and watched as she flew away. She would return quickly as she was a fast flier. They still had two more letters to send and would send them off as soon as they could. Or maybe Remus could just take the one to St Mongos in person, after all, he was their face. Or maybe they should get their own owl. They wrote out the other two letters, the first to the Flamels and the second to St Mongos

Nicholas and Perrenelle Flamel,

I hope that this letter finds you in good health. I am writing to you for a few reasons.

Firstly, I thought that you would like your stone back as it wasn't very well protected where it was placed. It is in the attached pouch and will only open for the both of you. I would like to know why Dumbledore had your precious stone, and why he felt it was a good idea to place it behind protections that a school aged student could get through. I am a first year and managed to take the stone from its place over a month ago, and the headmaster hasn't realised that it is missing yet. This leads me to believe that it would be safer for you to have the stone back in your possession.

Secondly, I was wondering how you made this remarkable stone. I have been conducting a few experiments with the substances that it provides and would like to keep conducting these types of things. However, as I already said, I feel that it would be better for the stone to be in your hands, as it belongs to you. I would simply like to know if there is a way for me to make my own version of the stone, or if there is a way to duplicate what it can do?

Sincerely,

Alex Potter, Heir to the Ancient and Noble Houses of Potter and Black.

Head Healer of St Mongos,

This new potion is something that I have been working on for a while. If it doesn't fill its intended purpose, I can assure you that it will have no negative side affects as none of the ingredients are harmful in any way. However, if it works as I am sure it will, it will improve the lives of at least two of your patients.

This potion is designed to heal the mind from any serious problems, especially damage to the mind caused by curses, specifically the Cruciatus curse. This was initially designed to aid the Longbottoms, to help them recover their minds and lives, but if it works for them then it should work for any patient suffering from something similar.

It only requires three drops of the potion with every meal for a week. The affects should become noticeable on the second day and continue improving during the week.

Alex.

They headed downstairs, deciding to have Remus deliver the letter to St Mongos the next day.