𝐨𝐨. 𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐮𝐞

Breathe. Just breathe.

It was so cold around him. He was about to drift in complete darkness, feeling the gentle hands of death tugging on his shoulders. It was so easy to die. A fragile human like him, a little child just crushing into pieces like a diamond.

When suddenly the grip of death let go of him, somebody pulling him back to life.

"Breathe!"

The voice got louder, and the boy opened his eyes slowly. For some seconds, he thought, he was in heaven. Not that the boy was that religious, but he believed in angels being a symbol for death. Maybe he was death after all, and his claws have just let him go.

"I am glad you're awake." The woman smiled gently, ruffling through the black strains of him. Her dark eyes were resting on his face, studying closely his fine face lines. Slowly, she stood up, reaching out a hand to him, which he slowly grabbed and pulled himself up. His little boy-hand seemed so small in her fine, yet rough, feline hand.

"What happened?" He asked, still holding tightly on her strong arm, since his knees were shaking. The boy could feel a slight knock inside his head, he must've hit it on a rock. As soon as his knees stopped to shake, he let go of her arm, looking up to her. She was far taller than him and looked like she was about fifteen years older. Yet her eyes told him she was far older. There was something about her, which was odd. Not in a negative way, yet there was something different. Of course, he knew that every human was unique, but she seemed special.

"You've been drowning." She answered, placing gently her hand on his cheek, brushing his skin along. She stopped right under his temple. "Just like I've thought, you have hit a rock. Come with me, I'll bring you to the source so your wound can heal."

"Okay, but please don't touch me like that anymore, this was super creepy." He wrinkled a bit his nose, but slowly walked behind her. "My name is Aden by the way, what about you?" He would never follow a stranger. His parents have always told him not to. After all, people could be dangerous, even though he actually didn't feel any danger coming from this woman. Besides, she just saved him.

A soft chuckle escaped her. "I know your name, little prince. I'm Serenna." Her voice seemed so soft, so gentle, like a sweet melody of the birds flying around his house in the early hours.

Surprised, Aden cocked his head. "How do you know me, and why am I a prince?" Maybe he was adopted and be in truth the son of a mighty king in a far-away kingdom. A dream of every little eight-year-old. Where could this kingdom be? In a land, far, far away. A kingdom with beautiful, colorful lights, friendly faces and the most fantastic animals.

"You know, a prince can be a lot." She hummed, winking almost playfully at the boy behind her. He seemed so small compared to the world around him. So small and pure. At least so far. Probably, he didn't know yet who he really was, which maybe was the best for now.

"But a prince is somebody special, I'm not." The boy insisted, stumbling behind Serenna. Still not knowing exactly where he was, Aden looked around. Soft sunbeams were shining on his face, tickling gently the sun kissed skin. Except of some birdsongs, it was quiet around him. "And, where am I?" Confused, he looked up to her, just the moment she stopped at a lake.

"On an island, obviously. Don't worry, I'll bring you back home, as soon as I've cleaned your wounds." Serenna kneeled, tugging on the arm of Aden, so he would come closer. If her theories were right, this should work. "Hold still." She ordered, reaching her hand out to fill it with water.

"Do you really think, simple water can clean my wound?" Aden wondered, while he watched the water glowing between her elegant fingers. Not that he doubted her action, he just asked himself, how this could be possible.

As an answer, she just smiled, letting some drops fall on his bloody wound. Deep down, she hoped her plan will work, just to prove her theory. He must be it. The one who'll safe the worlds. Slowly, the wound started to close, cleaning itself just by the light touch of the water. Just like Serenna has thought, this was the right one. "Oh, sweet child, we can expect great things from you." The corners of her mouth were twitching while she watched him closely.

"What great things? Who is we?" Aden raised his eyebrow, tilting his head to the side. He has barely noticed the wonder the water worked with his temple. Just feeling a soft tickle, where the blood used to be.

Again, Serenna didn't give him an answer, but a smile. She has squeezed his shoulder, before she stood up. "You need to go home, little prince. Your parents must be worried about you."

"Okay, if you say so." Disappointed, he looked down, but grabbed her hand. Even though he still didn't know her well, Aden was sure she wouldn't hurt him. After all, she has saved his dear life. "My dad will probably meet you, because you've saved me." He didn't reply the smile. Even in pictures, he barely smiled, without him being actual angry. Just a child, who didn't like to smile. A smile was too precious to him, should only be shown for specific reasons. Whenever he saw a dolphin jumping out of the water, he had to smile, even a light giggle escaping his lips. Else, he barely showed this sweet gift.

Serenna tilted her head. "I don't think this will be such a good idea, Aden. I'll just bring you home, okay?" She pulled the little boy close to her chest. "Now hold on tight and don't let go of me." Her eyes were focused on the soft face of him, studying his child-like features. Big eyes, pink lips and chubby cheeks. Simply adorable. Tightly, she pulled him even closer, so it would be an impossibility to let go of her. "Now take a deep breath." She whispered and Aden took a loud, very deep breath.
With all her strength, the woman jumped into the lake, diving like an otter deep into the endless blue. A loud laugh escaped Aden, while she swam with all her speed. Seemed like the boy wasn't aware of him breathing underwater.

The colors were so beautiful. So blue, bright and clear. Aden could see fishes and other creatures he has never seen, but he wasn't afraid, why should he be? Serenna held him like a hen held its' chick to make sure it would stay safe.
But she was so fast, the boy could barely enjoy his surrounding, yet felt the strong rush around him. Almost too much for a child. Before he could complain, fresh air suddenly filled his lungs again, the sun tickling his nose.

Serenna swam towards the coast, already seeing the little house right at the beach. A young Golden Retriever was running in front of the house, wagging with his tail, as soon as he recognized his best friend's smell.

"I have to say goodbye now, little prince. Don't worry, we'll meet soon again." She whispered, before she laid him down on the sand. The dog barked loudly, running towards the boy and licked above his face.

"I hope so." Aden whispered, now the corners of his mouth twitching to a light smile.